Tagalog classes

Hi all,

I'm about to be prmoted at work (yay me) and since I'll be handling a team of Filinos, I'd like to learn the language. What are the best places to learn tagalog? Any good schools with several schedules that cud suit my schedule? Or are there any teachers on the forum?

Preferably Makati as I live and work here :-)

Rates would also be welcome. (Here or pm)

Thanks y'all :-)

hey Pedro,

great that you raised this subject .........

even i am also thinking of learning tagalo .......... please pm me also if you get anything .......... preferebly in Makati also !!!

where do u live in Makati ........ PM me !!!!

Hi Pedro,

I know a Pilipino teacher who can help you to learn Tagalog,He is a Private Teacher here in our place.He do home service tutorial also..Let me know if you interested i can talk to him about this issue and rates.God Bless you and Have a nice day!

Hello Pedro1986.

Do not hesitate to post an advert in the Classes section (Language classes) in the Manila classifieds. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello and congratulations!

I can help you by email. If you have questions regarding "awkward translations", feel free to send me an email.

Cheers,

Rei

I don't get it. I saw in your profile that you are married to a Filipina but you are still looking for a class or a teacher for Tagalog lessons when you already have one at home for free.

Sorry, but it just doesn't make sense at all. lol

Hi Pedro,

I teach Tagalog online through Skype.  I can give you a free 30 minute lesson if you want to try my teaching method.  I have a vast amount of experience teaching American, Japanese, Koreans and Germans Tagalog.  Just pm me if you are interested.

Hello there,
I had 3 months experienced English-Tagalog tutorial through Skype.
I'll be available in Skype anytime :)

Regards
KJ

Me too looking to learn tagalog...i'm currently living in Malaysia and im looking forward to live and work in the Philippines..and hope to land a job in Makati or Taguig... will be staying in Quezon City Luzon Ave.. i'm zero in tagalog except for some little little words but im looking to learn from someone, preferably somewhere nearby the area that i mentioned above. I will be there by January 2014...thanks

Hello amreetz.

You may try to post an advert in the Language classes in Manila section. It might help.

Thanks.

Karen :)

Hi Pedro,

I am Belgian and just moved to Manila.
I am also looking for tagalog classes, did you get to find a good one?

gonzrule wrote:

I don't get it. I saw in your profile that you are married to a Filipina but you are still looking for a class or a teacher for Tagalog lessons when you already have one at home for free.

Speaking a language doesnt mean you can teach it :) My husband is Pinoy but we end up fighting when he tries to teach me lol, and depending on his partners English.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum. Post your advert in the Language classes in Manila section.]

Have you find Tutor for tagalog?

[Moderated: please post in Language classes in Manila section pls ]

Hi i just found this Blog, hope am not too late.

i want to learn tagalog as i am working here in manila (taguig). But i prefer a batch where i can interact with other students, online would do as well.
if any one here is still into teaching, i would like to know d mode of teaching , schedule and fees please.

- Anu
email : [email protected]
[Moderated: no phone number on the forum pls]

Hello Anu and welcome to Expat.com :)

The best section for your search is found in the Language classes in Manila section, feel free to see the offers there and to post your request as well.

Have a nice day,

Priscilla

morefuninthephilippines wrote:
gonzrule wrote:

Speaking a language doesnt mean you can teach it :) My husband is Pinoy but we end up fighting when he tries to teach me lol, and depending on his partners English.

Agree with you 100%! I am Filipino and have been speaking Tagalog/Filipino my entire life. But recently, my American boss asked me to teach him Tagalog so I got some books and audio CDs and made additional materials like slides. I found myself studying so much before I could properly present a lesson to him. :-/  :unsure

I had teacher training in Japanese and I could say that I am more confident teaching that than my native language.  :)

hi, Pedro,
I want to learn some basics of Tagalog. My problem is my schedule. Usually i have time in the evening or , preferably, lunch time.
My office is in Fort and I live in Makati. I am also flexible for Skype lessons.
Could you please let me know your availability and rates?
tks
Fabia

Nice to meet you.I have already learned Tagalog for 9 months.I have a private Tagalog teacher.I just learn five classes each week.Each classes he teaches me for two hours.Very interesting to learn Tagalog.Not hard to learn conversational or daily Tagalog if you devote your time learning.Do hope you can learn very well.

I wonder if all those asking for assistance to learn Tagalog, have found someone to help them. Anyway, you will find a lot of Filipinos offering Tagalog lessons (such as myself) yet, learning the language won't be enough for you to comprehend how we, Filipinos, do or deal with matters. It's also important to understand the culture, practices etc. of the local people to cope easier. But don't worry, just invest on time and have patience and you'll enjoy your stay here, whether you're working or staying for good.

Hi guys!
Those who had already good experiences with tagalog teachers, would you please, share the contact info.

Thanks

Dear all,

We have an open group class for expats every Saturdays from 9:30am-12:00nn for all interested students. More details are placed in the languages section. Please feel free to message me here or send me an email at [email protected].

Sincerely,
Nicai Cervantes

magandang araw ginoong pedro.
kamusta po kayo?  how are you and your tagalog?

:cheers:

hi miss nat187
good day...
im offering my service as a tagalog tutor if your still need of it...

severussnape wrote:
morefuninthephilippines wrote:
gonzrule wrote:

Agree with you 100%! I am Filipino and have been speaking Tagalog/Filipino my entire life. But recently, my American boss asked me to teach him Tagalog so I got some books and audio CDs and made additional materials like slides. I found myself studying so much before I could properly present a lesson to him. :-/  :unsure

I had teacher training in Japanese and I could say that I am more confident teaching that than my native language.  :)

you know what, youre right...
i have a tutee,he is a canadian, his wife is a pinay...and he hired me as his tagalog tutor.we do the lesson online.i asked him why he still need of a tutor if his wife is pinay...they dont understand each other especially verbs and grammar...but now ,he can buy goods in filipino store talking to the staff in tagalog

I am a Filipino / Tagalog teacher in the Philippines before I work here in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.  I am willing to teach you tagalog language through  on line classes. Just send me your preferred time so I could arrange your schedule.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Angelina

Hello Guys!

Do you still need to learn Tagalog or the Filipino Language? Let me know so I can send you the contact details. I know a very flexible one and can adjust for your needs!

Thanks!

My nephew just came and like to stay and study in the Philippines.He must to learn Tagalog first before going to university...Is there any school.any private tutor to teach him to speak Tagalog.

You can send him to the Tutorial and Language Center at Enderun Colleges in Taguig. We can offer the student one-on-one classes and exposure to group sessions as well. You may reach me at ***

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum. Post your advert in the Language classes in Manila section.]

There are plenty of Filipinos offering Tagalog lessons (freelancers). To those who'd like to get Tagalog lessons, they can read some reviews through the internet or ask some schools offering Tagalog or asking your friends would be the best. They can assist you or recommend to you.

Hello, my name is Nicole and I am a Language Resource Coordinator for Executive Language Training. We look to hire language teachers to work with our expats.  We're looking for a qualified private Tagalog teacher - do you know anyone interested in this opportunity?

Hello eltlearn :cheers:

Kindly note that you are participating on a thread inactive for over a year ago. If you wish to hire any candidate, please drop an advert with details about your institution and job opportunities under our : JOBS offers in Manila section of the site.

Thank you :top:

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

If you need help with your Tagalog please feel free to contact me anytime. Thank you and have a great day!

Hi Teacher Manny,

This thread is quite old. Please drop an advert in the Language classes in Manila section of the website if you want to provide language classes. Interested members will contact you.

All the best,
Bhavna

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Don't propose your services on the forum please, it is seen as advertising. You should drop an advert in the classifieds. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Being able to speak a language doesn't mean you can teach it.  I also have a Filipina gf but want a professional and qualified Tagalog teacher.

Hello!
I can assist you with enrolling for a Tagalog from an academy located in Makati.
Besides, they offer free Tagalog class this coming Saturday if you'd like a sample class.
Let me know if you are interested.