Averager Salary for SAP ABAP Consultant in Saudi

Hello There,

I have an offer from a Saudi based IT Consulting firm

1. Housing Allowance
2. Transport Allowance
3. Annual return ticket with Family
4. Private Medical Insurance with Family

My query is

1. What is average salary for SAP Consultants with 6 years of work ex in Saudi?

Or let me ask the same thing in a different manner...how much money is required for a couple(husband and wife) to live a decent life style and also save a good amount in Dammam Per Month?

The location is Al-Khafji, how is the place for Non-muslims?

Many Thanks in Advance for the tips.

Hi Anubhav_J and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be advised.;)

Harmonie

Your wife should be prepred to use abaya whenever going outside in a public place ( market,mall, school, street etc). Crime wise it is very safe if you do not go to unkown dark areas in night.

Housing mau cost SR 15K TO 18 annual minimum ( closed flat in c laosed building), it can be  SR 35K to SR 75k annual in an Asian families compound depending upon the compound you choose to live. European compounds cost much more SR 120k TO SR 150K.

Suggested areas are Asian families compounds .

If you are with family purchasing a car is a must as there is no public transport here. Car buying is very easy. U can do it in one day after you visa/iqama is prepared.. old cars (< 5 yrs cost SR 20K to 50k), new cars SR 65K onwards if you plan to take a sedan type. Rent a car cost SR 2K to 3k per month as per car model.

Housing+Car+ SR 2k to 3k as per your purchase take monthly expenses for food etc + schooling?. Calulate your savings?

Every thing here is driven by basic pay. All other components linked to basic pay.

As a thumb rule if u r getting X lacs per annum in India in a private MNC, you should get minimum 3x/4x (euivalaent in INR).

Check prospective company profile very carefully. It is the most important to have a good life here.