Is skateboarding forbidden?

I just read in a forum that skateboarding is forbidden in Saudi Arabia. Is it true?

never heard of that rule. then again never seen anyone skateboarding in public either. rules or no rules, with the traffic here i dont think its safe.

nah, but there are no places outside of compounds to skate.  i think one or two compounds have mini parks

*waves at Freshie* how ya doin man?

gonzrule wrote:

I just read in a forum that skateboarding is forbidden in Saudi Arabia. Is it true?

I haven't heard of such a rule, but things that do not have rule are treated as 'violation' sometimes, so be careful :)

I have seen some guys skateboarding in Corniche/beach 'only'. Never saw anyone doing that on streets or roads because it is not safe.

Anyways, you will have to try a housing compound facility for safely skateboarding.

Salman Omrani wrote:

never heard of that rule. then again never seen anyone skateboarding in public either. rules or no rules, with the traffic here i dont think its safe.

Well that provides me sort of relief. I have been searching farrrrrrr and wiiiiiiiide to find me a skateboard and I was starting to believe it is prohibited to skate with a skateboard, that is the reason sports shop don't sell them.

IF I find one, I might try doing it by the bay walk (corniche). Just help me find that "precious". lol

Doesn't this make me feel like I'm Smeagol?

Freshlikesushi wrote:

nah, but there are no places outside of compounds to skate.  i think one or two compounds have mini parks

I have never found a sport shop in and around Khobar selling skateboards, so I am like giving up on the search for my "preciousssss". But IF I find one in Riyadh, I'd be happy to skate somewhere out there to promote "skate boarding". lol

gonzrule wrote:

my "preciousssss"

:lol:

gonzrule wrote:

I have never found a sport shop in and around Khobar selling skateboards, so I am like giving up on the search for my "preciousssss". But IF I find one in Riyadh, I'd be happy to skate somewhere out there to promote "skate boarding". lol

are you sure you tried every shop in khobar ?
i dont remember but i think i saw a skateboard somewhere in Al Rashid Mall, not sure that was a decoration piece or ,,

Almost every shop that I could find. If I don't find one in Riyadh, then I'll probably order one online.

try Hypermarkets. and stores like Toys'R'us

I asked a friend to buy one in Bahrain and I went to a sports shop to make a reservation in case there's new arrival.

If you see one skateboarding along corniche, that would probably be me. LOL

I went skating outdoors (park - corniche, around Kudu and La Fonda) from 4:00 AM 'til 10:00 AM on Friday. On top of bruises, cramps and humiliation, I got a tan. It was worth it! 

And I don't think it is forbidden. :-)

gonzrule wrote:

And I don't think it is forbidden. :-)

I have seen signs posted (in English) where it is NOT allowed.  So I would think that where they're not posted it IS allowed.  Of course I could be wrong--lots of things here aren't logical :lol:

Enjoy your board!

The max he's gonna get is a *request* from some security chap about not skating at a particular spot :) Not a big deal; isn't it?

4am to 10am? :rolleyes:

Yes, from 4:00 AM 'til 10:00 AM. I spent the whole afternoon resting (sleeping).

The only thing about skating at corniche are the rough surface and grooves which make it hard to cruise.

Allie, where exactly did you see those signs? I guess I was a little busy keeping my eyes on the board that I didn't notice them.

I'm from Syrian i leaving in Khobar Saudi Arabia , working in Olayan Kitchens
i have a GroUp of Skaters  name UNITED SKATEBOARDS , we always skate in Corniche Khobar at Gym , Rashid MAll and some times near Lulu Mall ,,,

any one there who want's to play with us just join in my GroUp in Facebook
US - UNITED SKATEBOARDS

HOPE TO SEE U GUYS :))

I do skateboarding to kill time and boredom. :) And I am beginner. I would like to see you soon.

THIS MY ACCOUNT IN FACEBOOK

facebook.com/IZZAT.SK8