What to do on the weekends?

Good day fellow expats, question please.

What do you guys do on a typical weekend? lol, this is a serious question because I find myself bored every weekend. I live in Makati, so maybe the whole city thing is just getting to me. I've gone clubbing, bars, etc. Watched movies, shop, and always eat/drink somewhere, but I find that those things are the same things I would have done back home. And one of the reasons I moved here was to experience something new.

The only new thing for me for the past 6 months has been playing Baccarat which totally sucks cause I'm such a bad gambler. My last 6 months here in the Philippines consisted of me going to Pagcor, Resorts World, and Solaire on a weekly basis.

So please save me from this disgusting hell I'm in :) and share what you do on the weekends. Somehow I feel like I'm probably not the only one who feels that there is nothing to do on the weekends...

Thanks in advance for you time :)

-Phil

one best thing you can do new at any place in the world is ........... go out and explore the places around .......... make a list of places around ....... and visit them ......... count me in if u r on to any such journy ....!!!!

Try to go somewhere in the South Area like Tagaytay or Laguna, there's a lot of great places that you can visit in there. If you want to escape the heat and pollution of Manila that's the best place to go to.

When I still had weekends off i used to go out of town to visit beaches, caves outside Manila :) Go to pagsanjan for a trek and shooting rapids, go to tagaytay to chill or trek the Taal. Usually these are day trips. I also did surfing on a Saturday then went back on Sunday. But it will always depend if you like out of town trips too or youre looking for something like sports to keep you busy on a weekend? :)

Thanks all for the comments. I do like little weekend getaways even if it's local. I've been to tagaytay a couple of times now. I try to do something like this at least once every month or two.

But I was wondering more on a typical weekend. I consider this a special weekend...or maybe that is where I'm mistaken. Maybe this should be my typical weekend? :)

@resuri
I'll check out pagsanjan, never heard of that place.

@patrick
What is there to do in Laguna?

@sonabeta
I don't really know my way around but I would love to have a travel mate :) There was another thread on the forums for daytrips etc. I wanted to join, but schedule never permitted.

Philtee wrote:

Thanks all for the comments. I do like little weekend getaways even if it's local. I've been to tagaytay a couple of times now. I try to do something like this at least once every month or two.

But I was wondering more on a typical weekend. I consider this a special weekend...or maybe that is where I'm mistaken. Maybe this should be my typical weekend? :)

@resuri
I'll check out pagsanjan, never heard of that place.

@patrick
What is there to do in Laguna?

@sonabeta
I don't really know my way around but I would love to have a travel mate :) There was another thread on the forums for daytrips etc. I wanted to join, but schedule never permitted.

i am myself new in Philippines ..... so still dont know much about here ........ but i am always weeling to go for a weekend get aways anytime ......... may be we can have a bucket list and then start visiting every place around ..... maybe once a month ........ and anyone and everyone would obviously will be invited to join in as well !!!!!!

Heya! I love weekend getaways!
So far for 4 weeks these are the things i've done.

1. Watched Spanish Movie in Instituto Cervantes or Alliance Fraince de Manille
2. Partied in Super Clubs.
3. Sundays - Reggae Night in B-Side Makati.
4. Snorkling/ Diving in the nearby beach Batangas or Mindoro.
5. Volunteered for NGO's.
6. Host travellers via couchsurfing(dot)org
7. ate at China Town.
8. Visited a farm in Batangas.
9. Biked from Manila to Tanay, Rizal.
10. Street Food Crawl.
11. Carinderia Crawl. (Juanito's in Pasig have the best "posh" Isaw ever, Rj's Bulaluhan- Have the best Beef Shank Soup.)
12. Laguna Hot Spring Resort - Old school but you can have free fish spa in the swimming pool! lol

So many things to do on a weekend! Its crazy!

go down south, bohol is only a one hour plane ride from manila. visit the chocolate hills, see the tarsier, go to the panglao beaches, enjoy the loboc river cruise

yeah i would catch a plane somewhere on friday evening and come back sunday. Take your pick of destinations. If you want i will swap places with you, i'll live in Makati and you can take my role in London

try to explore the northern part of Luzon, like Ilocos Sur and in Baguio City and other parts of Banaue you will discover a very different Philippines. You will surely enjoy it! :P

Philtee wrote:

Good day fellow expats, question please.

What do you guys do on a typical weekend? lol, this is a serious question because I find myself bored every weekend. I live in Makati, so maybe the whole city thing is just getting to me. I've gone clubbing, bars, etc. Watched movies, shop, and always eat/drink somewhere, but I find that those things are the same things I would have done back home. And one of the reasons I moved here was to experience something new.

The only new thing for me for the past 6 months has been playing Baccarat which totally sucks cause I'm such a bad gambler. My last 6 months here in the Philippines consisted of me going to Pagcor, Resorts World, and Solaire on a weekly basis.

So please save me from this disgusting hell I'm in :) and share what you do on the weekends. Somehow I feel like I'm probably not the only one who feels that there is nothing to do on the weekends...

Thanks in advance for you time :)

-Phil

Hi. I live in makati.why don't u try to go to bonifacio high street or rockwell or sm aura.

Go to Angeles or Subic bro. You'll forget about Baccarat real quick!

Seriously Phil, there are a number of expat and locals that get together in those areas for day trips, hiking, motor bike riding, fishing or snorkeling, etc.
Look around those areas and make an effort to hook up with them if it interests you.

go to proivincesand take pictures,.....like banauerice terraces or palawan....

I used to just go to my local bar and drink Fri-Sun. But since I now have a motorcyle, I ride with a group a lot more. Also, I started to play golf again, great exercise and get some fresh air.

Yes!.. riding a bike can be fun too while exploring different places. But, be always have an extra care on the road while driving specially when your not used to it.

:)