Going to rent a home in Belmopan in June

Unbelizable! I have found a job in Belmopan and it will start in June. Now I am looking for a home to rent.

Ideally, the place should have a veranda or a roof terace where I can put a hamock, a bathroom with bath tub and a shower, a living room, a bedroom and bed, a kitchen, an office like room and natural surroundings with a good view.
The home should not be to far from the Belmopan center, it should be fenced, and internet access should be possible.

Furthermore I am still thinking about how Maya Island Air would handle excess luggage and how I could best organize the transfer of my luggage from Belize City to Belmopan.

I would be grateful for any hints.

Congratulations Timo

I like on AC so not sure about rental agencies on the mainland but the people who just hired you may be able to help there or you can try a few different word combos in Google and see what you come up with.

As for getting from Cancun to there with a lot of stuff you may want to consider a transfer service the whole way if it is in budget. Otherwise Bus to Chetumal Transfer service across the border to Corozal then bus to Belmopan would be the way to go.

Here is a blog you may find useful for Belize busses http://belizebus.wordpress.com/

Hi Tacogirl,
thanks for the hints and the link with the information about the busses. Well, there still is some time to look for a room there and I am trying to get some information via my employers and other contacts from here. Maybe it could also make sense to stay a few days in a hotel or hostel until I find a suitable place to rent.

I agree hotel or hostel is a good way to go if you do not find something ahead of time.