Hi all..

As ill b moving to mslaysia next month ,can ny bdy gime some informatn regarding driving licence?i hav bren driving since long in india,do i have to apply for malaysia licence? And before that can i drive there?one more ques..looking to by a car..ny bdy suggestcheapest and best suv?or any other...
Thx

You can convert ur India driving license to Malaysian's one unless ur current driving license is internationally recognized.

Hi,

We have to attested on our indian driving license xerox copy by showing original driving license at Indian Embassy in malaysia. Once you got the attested paper, submit at Putrajaya where the place issuing driving license and it cost around 150RM.

I heard that the above process has been changed and in the new process the candidate must go for test drive in order to get malayisan driving license.

Thanks,

Thx a lot for replying all...

yes, the process has changed. my application to convert my indian licence to malaysian got rejected and the letter stated that i can use my indian licence to drive :-)

about suvs, ur question is a paradox. u want the cheapest and best suv :-) let me know if u come across one hehe. but there r a wide range of cars and suvs for diff budgets. try www.carlist.my

Hahaah...by saying cheapest i meant cheapest amongst all suvz ...

Generally you got advise pertaining to your driving license.
It would be ideal to have or obtain international driving permit from your country before leaving. No worries you can drive around with rental cars before planning and shop around for a car.
Try to check around on mudah.com.my . this would give you an idea and your budget to work out the maths.
Good place to start from your place with cup of coffee.

good luck, happy browsing
max

Thx max..

i know what u meant ankita :-) just kidding. u can check out kia or hyundai suvs. not as expensive as toyota and honda suvs. or cheaper is the local proton exora. second hand cars are in relatively better shape than the ones u get in india.