Where can I get generic drugs here in Kuwait?

I've been using a medication for blood pressure and is only available here under a brand name and its quite expensive. I asked around pharmacies if they had the generic type (same drug but not a brand) but they said its not available. so where can I find generic drugs here??

tell me the name of the drug and i'll tell u what substitutes are available. i have plenty of pharmacist connections :P

Check you inbox :)

vladmir

What is the name of the drug ?

If available in the Ministry of Health, I can provide it for free

Hi,

I have just arrived in Kuwait from UK. I wondered if a soluble pain killer i used in the uk called Solpadiene ( codeine, paracetamol, and caffeine ) is available over the counter in Kuwait.

since you arrived it may be best to check your local pharmacy - if finding someone that speaks english is a bother, go to any clinic and check there :)

the ones im familiar with are voltaren.

Thanks Legacy. There seems to be some conflict between pharmicies. I went to Boots in Avenues and asked for a cortisone nasal spray and was told I needed to go to a GP and get a prescription for this. However then visited a pharmacy in Salwa and was given one. Will try Salwa Pharmacy but got a funny feeling that codiene will be the sticking issue in Kuwait.

Hi Legacy...you seem to be pretty knowledgable on the prescription drug issue.  I will be moving to Mahboula from the USA in July and I take Effexor and Vyvance.  Both of which are only prescribed for 3 months at a time here in the USA.  Can I fill a prescription in Kuwait written by my US doctor? Do I even need a prescription to get these medications? Thanks!

prescriptions in Kuwait have to be via a local doctor here "/