Tenancy contract for Visa renewal

Hello everyone,

I live in a 3 bedroom apartment (2000sq ft) with my parents in dubai. The tenancy contract is on my fathers name.  I am planning to get married next month therefore i would be needing a tenancy contract to apply for my wife's visa.

My questions is... Can i add my name to the existing contract, which is on my fathers name. And will the immigration accept a tenancy contract with dual names. Or do i still have to rent a separate apartment just to sponsor my wife. 

Had anyone experienced a similar issue and is there anyway i can skip/ find a solution to this problem other than leaving my parents in their old age and move into a separate house. =(

Any information, advice or suggestion will be highly appreciated.

For me i suggest that, u should rent a house closd to ur perent house,because some when ur may act what ur do like and will cause a problem between u and u mother, ur may what ur wife do and it will cause a problem between u and ur wife

If you will continue to live in the same house after marriage, no reason why the existing Contract cannot be accepted, with suitable endorsements.  Go to the DNRD office and get the clarification; or the nearest typing center (assuming they have the experience of doing a similar case).  Your salary certificate/Labor contract will be needed in any case.

You need a tenancy contract in your name (solely in your name) to sponsor your wife. Adding your name to your father's tenancy won't do.

You can also make sure by calling the Toll-free Amer service (Immigration Inquiries hotline, 800-5111, press 2 for English then press 1 for Amer).

mjrv wrote:

If you will continue to live in the same house after marriage, no reason why the existing Contract cannot be accepted, with suitable endorsements.  Go to the DNRD office and get the clarification; or the nearest typing center (assuming they have the experience of doing a similar case).  Your salary certificate/Labor contract will be needed in any case.

DNRD requires a tenancy contract in the husband's name to sponsor his wife.

The best situation for you will be to take the same apartment on rent in your name and sponsor your wife and your parents too on the basis of your tenancy contract (Provided your salary is enough to provide sponsorship to your parents). As I know It is not possible for your parents to sponsor your wife but you can sponsor your wife and your parents both.

RKG wrote:

The best situation for you will be to take the same apartment on rent in your name and sponsor your wife and your parents too on the basis of your tenancy contract (Provided your salary is enough to provide sponsorship to your parents). As I know It is not possible for your parents to sponsor your wife but you can sponsor your wife and your parents both.

If his father is working on a work/residence visa in UAE, he cannot sponsor his mother (friend of mine tried and was told he can ONLY bring his mom in if his dad is not in the country) ...... so no, your idea won't work unfortunately.

is this issue resolved? because i am facing a similar situation, please help me

@ sharashamza > There is less chance that the initiator post on his topic again as since two years he didn't showed up on Expat.com.

If you have some questions to ask, i invite you to create a new thread on the Dubai forum. A new thread will give your questions much more visibility and there may be more interaction.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers: