How to convince employer on overseas job?

I can't get the support from my employer that I wanted a job in the same company but overseas. I tried telling them that I've applied to the internal job advertisement plenty of time and I did mention that I wanted to migrate. I think the only way is to get the support from the management. Anybody knows a a way to convince my employer that I wanted a job in another country?

ZuhainanMohamad

sounds to me that rather than convincing the employer that you want a job somewhere, you need to convince them why YOU would be benefiting the company to be in that position abroad. What skills do you have that make you suited to that job overseas?

ECS,

Thanks for your reply. I understand what you mean.
Unfortunately, what I can offer to my employer would the same as what I'm doing back home. The only difference is that I'm intending to migrate. So I was hoping since I'm not leaving the company but instead relocating. This indirectly, still retain talent witih the company.

ZuhainanMohamad

Then the relocation becomes more on your benefit than the companies. Why would the company pay more for the same productivity in return.

My advice would be to start looking for opportunities abroad, that matches your skill levels.

Aneeshks,

Thanks for the reply. I see what you mean.
I'll try applying to jobs that match my skills. Would you have any recommendation on employment agencies? I'm interested to work in Belgium.

ZuhainanMohamad

You're going to need a work permit and visa to move the Belgium, as well as a job, unless you have the financial means to set yourself up here as an independent, in which case you still need a visa but not a work permit. Given the unemployment rate in Belgium and in other countries in Europe, I'd say it's not a good time to be looking. There are many highly qualified EU nationals unable to find work.

Hi Tervurener,

Are you from Belgium? Is that how bad the situation right now? Are you employed at the moment? What could be the reason for high unemployment at belgium?
In Singapore, there is such problem, where Singaporean are choosy. Thus, those jobs are given to foreigners who are willing to take such jobs. But that is what happening in Singapore.

ZuhainanMohamad

The reason for high unemployment is the economic crisis, that's why those well paid foreigners on expat packages are increasingly being made redundant. There aren't enough jobs for everyone, plain and simple.

tervurener wrote:

The reason for high unemployment is the economic crisis, that's why those well paid foreigners on expat packages are increasingly being made redundant. There aren't enough jobs for everyone, plain and simple.

Indeed,
I am in the bar trade and in a previous bar we had a rather large customer base of Ex-pats living here on 6/12/18 month contracts at a time, they were almost all recalled to the UK and IRL and those that were left in their Ex Pat roles lost a lot of their perks and bonuses which made being away from home for such a time simply wasn't worth it.

But if you are good at what you do and have a unique skill set there are still jobs to be found in Belgium.