Moving to malta and need some help

hi there me and my partner are moving to malta in the very near future
my self anthony i'm a singing i have years working around world doing this and wondered if there is many jobs like this in malta

my partner sam she has a CACHE level 3 diploma in childcare and education   is there many jobs in the field or is it work working for your self

plus any tips on best area to live in would be nice we are both mid 20's  but not into the pubs and club seen at all  just a nice meal and a few drinks  in a peacful place

thank u all for taking time to read this

I can't help with the jobs questions, but as far as peaceful places to live, there are plenty - the only pace I can think of you would want to avoid would be Paceville - the nightclub centre of Malta...you might also want to avoid the other touristy places too...but it's very subjective....I can certainly recommend the centre of the island...Naxxar/Mosta/Rabat - I'm sure others have views...Attard, Sliema, Gozo all have their fans...and other places too.

Hi Anthony,

I'm not quite sure what a CACHE diploma qualifies you to do in the UK and whether it would be recognized in Malta.The childcare/education area is highly regulated.You have to contact the Ministry of Education with the details and ask if it qualifies you to work at a Kindergarten or school in Malta.The other necessity is to be able to speak Maltese!Teachers in Malta have to speak both Maltese and English.
There might be an option at one of the International schools ( i.e. Verdala)without having to speak Maltese.

Ricky

hey thank u so much for your comments so far i think every one on this forum seems so nice i look forwad to moving and meeting with perople like all your selfs, also welocme more comments would love to know about the singing
thank u once again ant and sam

o and one other thing is it easy to find a job in gen in malta    once again thank u

Hi ant,

I'm not sure about the singing business here in Malta.

If gen means general then you will find the main problem here in Malta is the pay.Unless you work for an international company or are at a high level in a Maltese company you can expect salaries that are around 1000 €/month. Teachers are 1200 €/month.

But on the other side foreigners have a different style and cost of living than Maltese.So,bottom line, most foreigners have big problems finding a decently paid job unless they come with a job.

I wish you luck
Ricky

i  lived in spain for 4 years (anthony)  and as for pay its not a problem there is 2 of us  and all we want is a better way of life as long as there is jobs in malta we are fine 
once again thank u

Hi there.

I'm Gabriele from Malta. I've got lots of information and some good sources!

I sell properties. Got some hot properties at the moment so don't miss out if you're interested! I also do personal guiding for malta and also to the isle of Gozo, Malta!