Can I move an NGO in Bali?

Hello everyone.
I m from Romania, Bucharest and i m thinking to move to Bali for voluntary work.
Here I have and I am the president of a NGO with a lot of projects in the last year, financed by European Union, in youth exchange subject.
I want to know from what you know, what you saw/read, if i can move this NGO there, in Bali? And how can I do it, what i must do?
Do i need a special Visa?
It s possible to make my center work there? How strictly is this category of activity ? How flexible is it?

I m planning to be in Bali on 15 of May, so very soon, with a tourist visa. I know that now they don t give anymore tourist visa with the possibility to extension it. So, which are my options?

I really need your help, because i have a lot of ideas about voluntary activities and i need to know if is possible to do it without specials visas or waitting 2 years for a work permit?

Thank you!

The short answer to your question, which would require a great deal of time and effort to fully answer, is yes…it can be done and it has been done many times already.

You can Google Indonesian Yayasan Laws and find a lot of information including the entire texts of the applicable laws in English.

When you are here next month, a good use of your time would be to visit several of the NGO's already in place here.   

“I know that now they don t give anymore tourist visa with the possibility to extension it.”

Where did you hear that?  The truth is just the opposite…both 30 day VOA's (is Romania on the list?...I didn't check) as well as 60 day visit visas are extendable here.  VOA's are extendable for another 30 days, and 60 day visit visas can be extended up to four times, each time good for an additional 30 days.

Thanks a lot. Is really good to see that people like you are offering this infos and are helping uninformed people, like me.
I will check this laws and i will clarify my situation.
About visa, yes we are on that list where they put that since 1st of February 2013 we need to apply for the visa from here, our tourist visa costs 25$/person and is no extension, for this tourist visa, after 30 days. These are official infos.
I don t know what i will do because my ticket will be for 3 months :-) and i'm trying to find the best way to do something in Bali with my NGO. I did a lot of voluntary work while working also in another sector.
I do not stand paper work and waiting, thats why another kind of visa  is not fitting with me.

Thank you!

I don't understand.  Romania is on the VOA eligible countries list.  That 30 day visa which is issued on arrival is extendable here at any Indonesian immigration office for another 30 days.

The quote below is taken directly from the web site for the Indonesian embassy in Romania:

http://www.indonezia.ro/consular.htm

VII. TOURIST VISA
A single entry tourist visa is valid if presented within 3 (three) months from the date of issuance. It is given to persons who intend to have a holiday/leisure purpose in Indonesia with a maximum stay of 60 (sixty) days.
Visa Requirements :
•    Original passport, valid for more than 6 (six) months beyond the intended length of stay
•    Copy of confirmed round trip airline ticket
•    Bank statement dated less than a month with a minimum balance of US$.1.000,-
•    Visa Application completed with a recent passport size photograph.

That 60 day tourist visa can be renewed here in Indonesia at any immigration office for up to four additional periods, each period good for an additional 30 days. 

So, apply for a 60 day tourist visit and renew it here in Indonesia about 8 days before it expires if you plan to remain here in Indonesia.

“I do not stand paper work and waiting…”

I don't care for it either, but that's the reality of life, don't you think?

Hi, Daniela.

It is interesting to hear that you are moving to Bali and plan to do any social works for our community especially in Bali.
I am Sam, an Indonesian 39 male of Kupang, in the eastern part of Indonesia (East Nusa Tenggara Province).
Now, I am working with Plan International, another INGO based in Kefamenanu which is a regency of its province. I live in Kupang but since my job termination on this 30 April 2013, I am now looking for any job that may in line with my previous background.
In the same time, my wife will also move to Bali for working in an insurance company to continue our lives. So that I will also move soon, perhaps in the second week of May.

Unfortunatelly, I am not able to help you in your moving process, but I am interest and really need your help in case your NGO has been starting the activities and in case you need staff or volunteer, I will be glad to offer my skill and resources to you.

Please do me appologize if this mail is unhelp you.

Regards and Good Luck,

Sam.-

If you dont want to renew your tourist visa, you can fly to the closest foreign countries, like Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei or Timor Leste. Stay there for a week or so. Then go back to Indonesia, they will issue another visa on arrival for your. Ive known many tourists done that.
Btw, Im Indonesian who is now living in Romania. Paperwork and immigration process are always a lot of hassles and works, regardless of where you are. I am dealing with the same thing in Romania. And believe me, it is away harder for third world nationals (other than Swiss) to deal with immigration process in European countries, the US, Australia, etc.