Advice on cost of living

hello frnds i am posting this query on behalf of my friend psk prasant who is new to this blog plz give suggestions

Hello,

I am new to this blog !!

I have been made offer of 9320 SR/month in Riyadh
Breakup is as follows
Basic 6252
Accommodation 2572
Transportation 500

Medical insurance taken care by company.
Annual 5% increment on salary
30 Days vacation (****Paid or not yet to be confirmed)

I am bachelor and have estimated "5000 per month" as my expenses (Rent, Food, Utility bills, Mobile and Internet)

1) I need your suggestion about how much I can save on this salary per month
2) What will be room rent for a)Unfurnished 1BHK b) Furnished 1BHK in Riyadh outside compound

3) I have Bachelors and Masters degree in Engineering from India with 2.5 years work exp in good MNC companies, is 9300 SR per month good salary for my qualifications? Please suggest me good figures that I can demand without hesitation from company

4) After checking salary break up could you suggest any other components to be added in the job offer made

5) Is vacation in home country paid as per Saudi Industry Standards, do I have to get it included in Job offer. It has been only mentioned that I will get 30 days vacation per year in Job offer

I need your help and replies ASAP since I have to take decision in 4 days

Please reply point wise if possible.

Thanks
Prashant
India

nikhil shrivastava wrote:

I am bachelor and have estimated "5000 per month" as my expenses (Rent, Food, Utility bills, Mobile and Internet)

That's too much. It should not be more than 3000 as below.

1. You will be able to find furnished room between 700 to 2000 depending on location, size e.t.c
It includes everything such as electricity, water, fridge, tv, bed and probably internet too in some cases.
If you share a room then you can get it even cheaper for around 300 (utility bills on sharing)
Lets say rent is 1000 including utility bills.

2. Food will cost you around 900 at 3 meals per day each meal costing 10 and I am being very generous here otherwise a person can do it in 20.

3. Mobile will depend on your usage but it shouldn't be more than 100

4. Electricity bill will be around 20-25.

5. For internet different packages are available but it is around 200 on average.

6. Transportation will again depend how far is your workplace. Minimum taxi fare is 10 so let's say if you are able to find some place nearby, it will cost you 20 daily which means monthly @ 5 days a week becomes 440.

So total is around 2700.

I think you will need to spend 5000 monthly to enjoy your living, you can save the most by staying with a roommate, the food will cost you 15 - 25 if you having a fast food, if you can cook or eat lightly it will cost less,usually the vocation is paid, but you can get a formal confirmation and ask about the tickets also.