Wivolution

Throughout history and all of time, since Cain killed Abel over a woman, wives have become the object of all pleasure, pain, wars, peace and conflict on the planet. Men, in their search for fulfillment have sought to marry wives, some forced to strict monogamy while others have had the best of polygamy, and thus created a coterie of wife types across the board.
In ancient times, when nomads walked the earth, the wife was an integral part of the family structure contributing to the welfare and success of the family unit by way of housework, outdoor work, helping with the water from the well, tending the cattle and eventually putting the babies back to sleep.
The agricultural era saw the wife involved in the sowing and reaping of crops while ensuring that the farmer husband was delivered of his midday meal, steaming hot and fresh in order to keep his burning muscles in shape.

It was the industrial era that saw the evolution of the women into the real workforce of industry and management. With this change a whole new breed of wives started pouring out of the assembly line and today we are still affected very much by this calamity.

The kitchen and bedroom wife, of the middle ages still thrives in many third world societies but is gradually being spoiled by the influx of maids who are taking over both the kitchen as well as the bedroom in the absence of the lady of the house.
This little domestic dolly has become a significant part of the 21st century in many nations and towns across the globe and is causing havoc amongst society both in their home states and overseas where their working base is located.

Once the working woman concept took shape and became fashionable, both for economic reasons as well as to supplement the equal rights movement during the latter half of the 20th century, the massive earthquake that shook society is still in its throes of vibrations and eruptions.

Whatever said and done the basic role of mother, in a wife, has always remained steadfast, even with rumblings of same sex marriages that are slowly, but surely, growing and being accepted in isolated patches across the globe. Motherhood, for any woman, has and will always be a cherished phase that can never be taken away, permanently. There may be a time when genetic manipulation of cows with human (mother) genes will provide the sustenance of a pseudo breast feeding technique that the world has yet to see. Many of us over 60 geeks will not, possibly, live to see that day.

Gold diggers have also made the headlines, in recent times, what with hollywood blockbusters, magnificent musicians, stock market brokers, bankers, sportsmen, and even politicians making so much “moolah” these days.

Then there are the Prowler wives who choose to be married purely for convenience. She only marries because of either, money, social status, or for the overall security that the union provides. Like many young girls, these women want to get their hands on any man who pays attention to them and only them.

The thrill-seeker wives have similar desires for misbehavior like the Prowler types. Most married who are thrill-seekers can be either a housewife who is bored with her day to day routine or corporate-types who are under great amounts of stress and external pressures. These married women are sick of their marriage routine and just need to get their hair done and enjoy some sizzling  fun.

Then there are those married women who are one of the most vulnerable types of them all. Their marriages have gone completely wrong and their husband no longer has the time or fondness to devote to the relationship. Throughout their lives these women wrap their entity identity around their husbands and their marriage. Thus their married life ends up in total chaos and their sense of self-worth are virtually torn apart. Within this fraternity also fall the physically abused wife who takes the beating of a deranged spouse and chooses to keep mum about it. Indeed, a very sad and despicable situation for any woman to be in.

The dowry wives of the Indian subcontinent are another category of women who have to pay to be married. Their grooms demand everything from cars, real estate, and palatial homes to stacks of cash in the bank. Their worth is estimated by the wealth they can afford to pay for their grooms. On the other hand there is also the bride price marriage which demands that the groom has to dole out the greenbacks for his bride. This is very much prevalent in the Middle Eastern societies and Arabian lands.

The western world, where equality is expected to be the basis of all relationships the family unit becomes an equal partnership with both spouses contributing equally, to a great extent, to keep the home fires burning and the kids tucked in.
The divorce factor is another phenomenon that prevails amongst many wives whose husbands choose to leave them or they themselves opt for the termination of the marriage contract for reasons ranging from A to Z. Some do end up in marrying again while others choose to brood by themselves, for the sake of the kids, for their own selves, or because they do not have any other suitable recourse available to seek.

The widowed wives are also in a similar situation as the divorced ones except for the fact that their status is not a man made one unless of course the death of the spouse was caused by a tragedy that could have been avoided. Various cultures have differing views on the plight and status of widows. Some confine them to oblivion blaming them for the death of tgheir spouses as bewitched and outcast. Others treat them with more humane responses and give them some sense of being wanted and integrated into society. More modern communities prefer to treat them as equals irrespective of their conjugal status.

Religion, culture, society and tribal practices have all contributed to the many aspects of all these wives and their fancy frolicking.

At the end of the day it is only education and common sense reasoning that can provide the comfort and acceptance levels for all these women in their various relationship situations.

I will admit I didn't read your entire post, musicman (I have a short attention span lol) ...

but I DID read the first line:

since Cain killed Abel over a woman

Where did this come from??   The way I remember it (from the Bible) is that Cain and Abel made sacrifices to God.  Abel sacrificed his finest sheep but Cain (a farmer) offered only mediocre crops.  God accepted Abel's sacrifice but rejected Cain's.  This angered Cain and led to jealousy and subsequently the murder of his brother.

Thats not the Islamic version of the Cain and Abel story. This is how it goes.

When Adam and Eve started bearing children they always had twins, each set comprising a male and a female. The marriages that took place between the siblins was thus the male from one twin marries the female from the other. In the case of Cain he insisted on marrying his own twiun sister since she was more beautiful and thus sprang the first ever conflict over woman. The killing was an aftermath of this conflict. And then the crow appeared and scratched the ground to indicate to Cain that he ahd to bury his brothers body in the ground.

Thats what I know and have heard of from the Ulema here. If anyone can throw more light on thgis, please do for the benefit of everyone.

Your story is based on the Bible, I guess?

the story mentioned by Allie is also true, let me dig a bit on references and get back to this thread.

though when I first "tried" to read the thread at first, I wasn't sure what to reply with. I will have to thank Allie for sprouting a discussion. :D

How can both stories be true, Salman? Maybe both are false. That I can buy, objectively.

Is this story in the Quran?

Which was written first, the Bible or the Quran?

No, this story is NOT written in the Quran, which is the only scripture that is the Word of God within the Islamic faith. In addition we also have the Hadeeth, the narrations of the Prophet as reported by his Companions and those who came after them, as well as Historical Stories from that era.

The Cain and Abel account is partly from the Hadeeth and the Stories of the Prophets and hence its authenticity may not be 100% correct.

The version I have posted above is the ONLY one that I have heard from the many Sheikhs, Imams, and Students of Islamic Knowledge in Saudi Arabia. If anyone has other versions please do share them with us for our own knowledge, understanding, and comprehension.

I wonder if any of you did have a chance to watch the two part documentary series being featured on BBC TV on the Refrom Process in KSA. Its fascinating and a must see. I am sure they will keep showing it for a while this month. It has everything you always wanted to knopw about KSA in modern times.

That was really thoughtful Musicman & I've enjoyed reading it.

But Since You are asking about the story of Why Cain Murdered Abel In the Holy Quran? Here is the story as mentioned in the holy Quaran And Hadith of Prophet Mohammed (Peace be upon him)

Allie's Story and your Story are both right and completing each other

It is the first murder Crime happened on earth .Cain insisted to marry his twin sister because she is more beautiful than Abel's sister .Adam (the father) advised them to sacrifice their finest .(At that time ,if God accepted someone sacrifies' ,Fire will come from the sky and devour the sacrifice. If not accepted nothing will happen.)
Cain and Abel were both called upon to make a sacrifice unto God, Cain chose worst crops while Abel chose his finest animal. Abels' sacrifice was received well by God but Cains was rejected as it came from his worst crops. Cain saw this as a great injustice and slew his brother out of jelously.
Basically the same story as you would read it in the bible.
Hope I'm making it clearer.:)

OK, that makes more sense of the two stories that are complementary and sequerntial. The main theme is the selection of the bride and the subsequient modality of Gods Wisdom was the sacrifice. Thanks Dodee.

It is good to share such knowledge cos it educates us even further in such matters.

I am still awaiting comments on the main theme of my original post which has been hijacked by the Puddy tat. Onew of these days I am gonna change my status to Tweety Bird and give her a piece of my feathers...

So that entirely changes the 'Cain killed Abel over a woman' thing ...

Not at all, PuddyTat,
The crux of the issue was the woman
Cain wanted to marry his own twin instead of Abels twin cos he was jealous that she was more beautiful than the latter
Same problem, different era
No different from Helen.....

Come onnnnnnnnnnnn, musicman!  Women can't be at the root of every bad thing that ever happened!  Give us a break!!

Of course NOT PuddyTat, but in this case she sure was a part of the conflict although she didnt create it.

Am not a macho chaivinist in any form or shape for sure. You can bet on that.

What would we do without you guys?

Apparently still be in the 'Garden of Eden' and never have had a first murder?

:lol:

wudnt that have been rather boring?

Come on, it's everybody's dream to live in paradise. 

In fact, don't terrorists give up their lives because this is the promise

Americans would never fall for this because we know the impossibility of finding 72 virgins LOL

Well, the last I heard was that after seeing Ms Susan Boyle, the only possible V eligible next for Paradise, most T's have given up the idea of martyrdom and seeking the 72 V's in Paradise. Think about it!

what a horrible thing to say about poor Susan Boyle!! (But then again, maybe she'll get the Nobel Peace Prize next year.)

:lol::lol::lol:

that was only a joke for some Friday morning humor, PuddyTat......
she cud get the Noble Peace Prize for sure
we all can
hv a gr8 weekend...

I knew you were joshin' :)

friday is always great for a good "josh"