New to Varna

Hey! I am an American girl who married a Bulgarian boy from Varna last winter. We are currently living in Istanbul while I finish my studies, but will probably return to Bulgaria this summer. His family is from Varna and so we will be there for a few months while we figure out whether we want to stay in Bulgaria or move to the states for a few years. I am looking for friends that I can hang out with for the summer... especially people that are a bit more dreamy about the world/ less practical. Somewhere between "let's go hitchhike and never look back," and, "all I do is work or study." :)

My husband has friends, and his family is great, but I would like to meet some people to hang out with on my own, who like discussing books, going for hikes, have a passion for sustainable living, and are generally positive people.

Of course I will also be looking for a job while I am there. I am a youth development worker, and I love working in camp-settings with youth. I speak Bulgarian, although a little creatively at times. So, I would love any tips about getting a part-time or full-time job. I have some experience teaching English, but I would rather teach other topics in English than teach the language.

Hello kojidae.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for introducing yourself.

Concerning the job, do not hesitate to post an advert in the Jobs in Varna section.

Thank you,
Aurélie