Finding the Job

Hello,

is it worth to come to Singapore on visit visa and search the job there?

What u plan to work here as?

i am ACCA finalist and BBA (Hons) in Accounting and finance...with more than 4 years experiance including 2 years experience in UAE and Libya...

In my experience, it is mandatory to visit (at least for a few interviews, better for several months) to get a job. Companies will not pay for your travel to an interview, and very few will reply at all if you don't give a local address and phone number.

beppi wrote:

In my experience, it is mandatory to visit (at least for a few interviews, better for several months) to get a job. Companies will not pay for your travel to an interview, and very few will reply at all if you don't give a local address and phone number.

yea i know, i am planning to visit singapore on visit...but want to know the chances to get the job or not?

I have researched about the same I think its always better to go on a visit and try your luck but definitely its gonna cost you.

Good luck

as the labor laws are changed by the government, I think now a days jobs are only available for Singaporeans and PRs

[please post in the jobs section]

rissadum wrote:

as the labor laws are changed by the government, I think now a days jobs are only available for Singaporeans and PRs

I don't know where you got this impression from, but it's wrong: Many foreigners work in Singapore and new visa are issued every day. There was no change in labour law recently.

beppi wrote:
rissadum wrote:

I don't know where you got this impression from, but it's wrong: Many foreigners work in Singapore and new visa are issued every day. There was no change in labour law recently.

what i read that is some changes regarding the ratio for local vs foreign is changed, now company has to appoint more local to hire foreigners....

rissadum wrote:

what i read that is some changes regarding the ratio for local vs foreign is changed, now company has to appoint more local to hire foreigners....

There were changes to the quotas for Work Permit (WP) holders (i.e. low skilled manual labourers) and a slight change for S-Pass holders (technicians, etc.), but no quotas apply for Employment Pass (EP) holders (jobs requiring degree or management experience).

Edited to add: Details are on http://www.mom.gov.sg/Documents/service … 13-015.pdf

Yes I agree with Beppi, lots of foreigners find singapore as the new haven. I know a lot of banking professional who moved from Dubai to Singapore during even during the financial crisis. But what I understand that S-pass quotas has shrunken and that the low skilled jobs are difficult to get. Mostly, experienced professionals get the right jobs. However, comparing the living standard and expenses of Singapore I still feel that income in middle east is much higher and that far better chances to do savings. Economy here allows more spending power at the same time to save money.
This is a daunting question that which country is better Singapore or any Gulf state...