JOB OFFER NEED VARIFICATION PLEASE URGENT

I have been offered a job with Glotech Oil Services in Lagos (Through an agency Bayt)  the address is

Glotech Oil Services
Plot 27, Marina Road,
Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria.
Tel: +234 (8) - 7290591

Please can someone tell me if this company is legitimate as I have been on their website which appears ok however it was registered this year and I can not find anyone who is employed their (Having conducted extensive research)
I have been asked to contact another firm address below to sort out documents and pay (ALARM BELLS) 25%

MADINI TRAVEL AND TOUR
27 Giwamu Road,
Plot 20C Adewunmi Adebimpe Drive,
Lekki Phase 1, Lagos State, Nigeria
CONTACT NAME: (Dr.) Sikiru Bayo
DESIGNATION: Head of Visa/Permits Operations
EMAIL: madinitravel[at]live.com
PHONE: +234-8132-2952-750

Please can someone tell me if this is another scam or legitimate

Thanks for the help
Richie:D

It's a scam mate, avoid like a dose of the clap

do these companies exist

Thanks

Dude. I can smell scam from a thousand paces...

I too have such an offer from Glotech Oil Services.  Please let me know what you find out.  Thank you in advance.

Hi mate,
I have recived the same offer wiht a contract in date 09/04/2013.
I've been in contact with the person indicate for them in the contract (MADINI TRAVEL AND TOUR, Dr. Sikiru Bayo) and has asked me to begin to process of visa $ 350.
If a company is interested in yourself do not ask for money to start, this is a scam.
Antonio

Hi My husband has the exact offer - could you tell me any more info? or what you have done? thanks

I have asked information about this issue to address referee in the contract an I have asked too information to spanish embassy in Nigeria. I will tell you.

I have been in touch with someone in Nigeria they are checking the address for me i do believe it is a scam and warn everyone not to send money their web site traces to USA and was registered in Feb 2013 strange for a company thats been in business for so long

I will update soonest in the meantime happy job hunting

ITS A SCAM A GENUINE SCAM AND WEBSITE IS SCAM. I GOT A SIMILAR OFFER FROM DRILLOG PETRO DYNAMICS LIMITED. HERE COMPANY EXISTS, BUT ALL MAILS ARE SEND FROM SCAMMERS. BE CAREFUL ANY JOB OFFER DO NOT SEND MONEY IN ADVANCE. LET THE COMPANY TAKE CARE OF THIS MATTER.
DO NOT SEND MONEY IN ANY CASE. IF YOU ARE CONFIDENT OF TAKING BACK YOU CAN SEND. CHEERS TO ALL.

Any job offer asking you to pay for something is a scam.
It's known.

Regards
Armand

Hi
I have had the same job offer from this company headed by the HR Manager Maxwell Obi.  I did plenty of research into the company including speaking to an employee of the company Mr Anthony Tunner from Italy.  I now believe Mr Tunner and Mr Maxwell Obi to be one and the same person.  He had an African Accent and repeated word for word a conversation I'd had with Obi only minutes before even though the two were supposed to be miles away from each other.  The Job offer and the package were sinply too good to be true.  Huge monthly salary, 40 hours a week, one month in four paid leave. First Class Flights home.  I didn't even have an interview just submitted an application form.
THIS IS A SCAM.  The only person working for this fictitious company is Mr Maxwell Obi who I suspect controls several different email accounts including Dr Sikiru Bayo of The Madini Travel and Bimbo Offini at Glotech Information. Obi requested $350 to be paid to the Travel Company via Western Union which is untraceable and refused when I suggested I pay via Paypal.
Please do not sent this company any money.  They do not exist IT IS A SCAM - Good luck

Great information.  I have come to the same conclusion.  Let's put the word out about Mr Maxwell Obi as it is apparent that he has played a part in other SCAMS which I discovered on the internet.  Mr. Obi is simply a crook and needs to be exposed.  Thanks all for providing your input.  Good luck on your job search.  If you find REAL employment opportunities in Africa, please share with us on this and other FORUM sites.

Dee

There are many legitimate Companies here, but also the scammers are hard at work. Be carefull, and as mentioned already in this thread, you dont pay money for an interview......thats just obvious.

Its scam. Do not send any money for any job offer unless you are 200% sure about the offer and you have power to take back money.

I also got the same offer. I mentioned in return while submitting application, no payment in advance for any type of fees. They keep quiet and till now i did not got a reply.

There are many scams going on from Africa claiming that they are part of big oil companies. Even they officialy use the email address. I got another job offer from a company called Drillog Petro Dynamics,mails and all are genivine. There procedure are similar to that of company like interview over mail and over phone. A genuine offer, mails are sending from official id same as shown in  website. When anybody ask for money, it is a fake as reputed companies will never ask for money for processing visa or other expenses. Simple idea.

regards
Murali
Abu Dhabi,
UAE

Hi, ican help you confirm if it legittimate, I work at victoria island, will confirm for you if you want.

The company does not exist. Maxwell Obi is a known fraud and scammer. Thank you for offering to help.

It is probably a scam if you are told to pay money of any sort. Organisations would ideally be responsible for doing all the documentation if genuine.

never pay, it does not exist!

Pls do not be in a hurry to make any payment, it may be a scam. My schedule is tight hence I cant go personaly to find out, hope we got someone on this site sonnest that lives around the vicinity to help do the verification. Kess

I think it's worth noting the dates on all the posts
below, would suggest Maxwell Obi (aka Sikiru Bayo)
must have been collecting names / e-mail addresses
of prospective scammees (is that a word?) for several
weeks and months now -- all seeking $350 by 25 April
as evidence of our "proclivity" -- for a fresh intake
on 06 May.

I've been an expat for years, and money under the table
to secure work permits is nothing new, but to have an
employee pay it him/herself to a travel agency instead
of to a government bureaucrat, is what made me suspicious.

As for the employment letter and contract agreement, I
would bet that $350 instead that those were lifted word
for word and clause by clause from a legitimate expat's
legitimate contract with a legitimate employer.  They
read very professional and cover all the right topics.

Finally, I am very, very disappointed with the U.S.
Embassy in Lagos particularly, and the U.S. Department
of State in general with their lack of response or
assistance on this -- a disgraceful showing from people
who are most likely paid quite handsomely for doing
nothing.  A big hats-off, however, to the Nigerian
Consulate in NYC, who not only were knowledgeable
and helpful, but also friendly and courteous.

I hope everybody who's been contacted by this ***
Obi can find this blog before they get in too deep.

I believe its a scam but the strange part is that I applied to this job from Naukri.com which is well reputed search engine for a job.

Desai,

You can take it as original if the company does not ask for money visa and insurance charges. anything in advance for money request treat it as a scam. Do not send any money.

I checked with this company directly through my friends at there.
It was shocking, No indians will be recruiting for this company and company will not ask candidates to pay anything in advance.

the following mails are scam emai address. If you received  any messages from the  following mails are scam :

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

I HAD RECEIVED A JOB OFFER FROM A COMAPNY CALLED WHICH IS UNDER DISCUSSION. I HAD DROPPED THIS PLAN. STILL I NEED TO VERIFY THE OFFER LETTER RECEIVED WAS GENUINE. COULD YOU PLEASE SEND ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS , I CAN SEND THE OFFER LETTER WHICH SEEMS GENUINE.

PLEASE REPLY TO [email protected]

REGARDS
MURALI

It is scam scam scam. The company does not exist. Do not pay money to secure a job please.

Hi Richie,

as soon as you have to pay it is spam, so sorry but forget about it!
kindly, Sigrid

Richie please don't bother yourself it is a clear scam. l have encountered this group of syndicate what they do is clone original and use it on innocent individuals.

Thanks
Emmanuel E.

Hello ezekwe.

Thank you for your contribution.

Could you avoid using capslock on the forum so as to facilitate the reading.

Thanks

Karen.

Hi all welcome this new member

Hello NSG.

Could you tell us a little bit more about yourself? or do you have any specific questions? May be we can guide you :)

Thanks

Karen :)

[moderated: avoid coping the same msg + pls give useful info on the forum. Thank you]

Hello All

I got a job offer from Shell-Nigeria based in Port Harcourt, and in the job offer seemed genuine at first till I had to contact an Immigration Lawyer and pay for STR visa/work Permit.... ALARM BELLS....

PHILIP CHAMBERS
Immigration House Plot 3, Immigration Close,
Port Harcourt, Rivers State Nigeria
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +2348171934725

So I have till next tuesday to make my mind up. But being Shell, why are all the contacts using public emails? The letter heading looks genuine, but there is something about the whole situation that does not feel right.

Abati1

It is a scam.

Shell are a reputable international company and as such have a great HR department which takes care of visas and paperwork at no cost to the applicant.

The agent is using the Shell logo and a very sophisticated copies of their paperwork to dupe people into sending money.

In all my 45+ years of working overseas I have never ever been asked to pay any upfront fees for a job application.

with things coming from Nigerian, i would ask you to be careful. west-African is full of scamers, i bet the next keen of your job will be you send them money for your visas and so on..., whatever least might it be, after they receive your money, they will disappear. be careful really.

its capital scam

Even though companies exist none of these companies will ask you to pay for anything. Very simple as soon as it says pay this or that it is not for real. Good luck in your further search for a job.
Kind regards, Sigrid