Afforadble hotels in Santiago DR

Can anyone recommend an affordable hotel in Santiago DR?  The rates I see on hotwire/expedia etc are very high, over $100.00 typically I like to spend 70 or less,  any suggestions?

the Hotel Sol Aloha Street this sun. It is convenient and economical, as you can pay $ 50 a day there. It was the center of the city, so all you have left nearby, restaurants, bars, the monuments, etc.
Platinum is also on this front PUCMM college. This is economical too, I have not visited this, but I'm told that the rooms are a little smaller than in the Aloha.

Bon voyage!

If I can help,  Hotel Aloha on  Calle Sol, it is in the center of the city, near lots of restaurants, shopping etc.  It is quite decent for the price,  safe, clean etc. It's been years since I have been there myself but when I was there it was good.

I think the previous poster is using a translator so thus a bit of confusion in the message.

We've been staying at SANA in Santiago. sana-villa.com/

Owned by a Canadian lady, overseen/run by Dominicans. We love it! It's beautiful, safe, & cheap.

Btw, if you or anyone reading this know(s) good places for Gringos to live in/around Santiago, do tell!