Time taken to convert your initial visa to Resident permit

Hi,

I will be arriving in Bahrain to work.  All i want to find out it how long does it generally take to get the resident permit after i come there and how long does it take to sponsor my spouse?

Your reply will be appreciated.

G

Hi G2511,

Actually if you have all the papers, it will take you half an hour.
You will find a complete description of the process in the "GUIDE" section HERE IS THE LINK.

Cheers

Olivier

Olivier-France wrote:

Hi G2511,

You will find a complete description of the process in the "GUIDE" section HERE IS THE LINK.

Cheers

Olivier

That brought up topics on driving licence

Lol yeah :)

I Came on Saturday , and got my Card today. its really quick.

akhil004 wrote:

I Came on Saturday , and got my Card today. its really quick.

Would be nice if you could list the process for other expats

Hi,  Yes please give the process list.

Thanks,
G

g2511 wrote:

Hi,  Yes please give the process list.

Thanks,
G

Honestly i haven't done anything , after clearing border control i handed over my original passport and LMRA document ( which a new comer receive at passport control) to my employer on next day i.e. Sunday and today they told me that my CPR card is arrived.

Josnuggles wrote:
Olivier-France wrote:

Hi G2511,

Cheers

Olivier

That brought up topics on driving licence

Correct, my mistake ! I read a little too fast :p

Sorry G2511 ^^

Cheers

Olivier

Hmm.. Now you guys left me wondering why my husband's cpr took months before he got it. He works in Bahrain Defense Force Hospital.

It all really depends on a person's individual circumstances. Mine took about a month, because I had to wait for the health checks to be completed and the rental contract to be signed. When both were done, then I received my CPR in less than a week.

My wife and I are moving this month to Bahrain and we've completed medicals required in the US. But HR has said they didn't have time enough to get the work visas for us yet, and quote "can travel to Bahrain and get visa up on arrival and then apply for the work visa". Does anyone know what 'visa' means as opposed to 'work visa'. How long should this take?

Visa is a visit visa, which will last for up to 2 weeks. It is quite hard to do the work visa in 2 weeks, but it depends from company to company. Visa is a tourist (visit) visa which does not allow you to work and work visa is, well, allows you to work with a residence permit.

gescro wrote:

My wife and I are moving this month to Bahrain and we've completed medicals required in the US. But HR has said they didn't have time enough to get the work visas for us yet, and quote "can travel to Bahrain and get visa up on arrival and then apply for the work visa". Does anyone know what 'visa' means as opposed to 'work visa'. How long should this take?

A visit visa is quite strict too.

You need to show a return flight on your disembarkation card or a transfer flight - make one up if you have to.

DON'T say you are working here as you may land yourself in trouble, a visit visa is purely that.

You must give an address in Bahrain on the card too

Once here you can renew your visit visa once at the ministry for BD5 but after that you will need to fly out of Bahrain and back in again to renew.

Thanks for the information. This forum is really informative and I appreciate it. The school has just informed us a liaison will assist us after we arrive. Off we go!