Certified true copies and witness signature in Al Ain

Hi all,
I need to get some Certified true copies and witness signature for a bank account application.
we used to get this done by a legal translator who was also a notary, in town close to the globe round about, but sadly he is on sick leave, and I think it is fairly serious, my thoughts to him and his family.
Any suggestions? Desperately looking for a solution,
Regards
Danielle

Hi Danielle!

Welcome to Expat.com!
I hope other members will be able to help you out.

Regards
Armand

Hi daniella, I don't understand your issue? are you looking for legal translator? I think there are many offices can do that but its depend on the language you want? Explaine and I'll try to help you

Legal translators there are many, this does not help.
Only a "Notary" can do "certified true copies". The municipality has many notaries, but 4 months ago they stopped providing this service. Usually the police, a bank, or the post office can also do this, or a laywer, but apparently not here. Please help!

Thank you Daniella for the clarification, I'll ask then I'll tell you what to do..

Hi, thanks so much! Note, the person just needs to have some kind of legal authorisation to certify copies, and a stamp that states this authority. I really hope you can help.
Danielle

Hi dear Danielle, I asked my friend and she said that true as you told me there is no Legal notary in municipality but you can go to AL Ain Court its in AL Jimi near municipality and Carrefour any taxi can lead you. In AL Ain Court there is many notaries and they are workin from 8 morning untile 9:30 evening. Don't afraid from the court its very modern.You will go, take number as your issue,sit on chair then you will go to the office which wil announce your number,they will be helpfull because many people as you researching about notary and they will tell you where will be notary in the same building after checking your papers. Your issue very easy,go to the court.

Hi Aysha,
thanks your reply was very helpful and explained the process exactly to anyone who needs this. Unfortunately the court stopped doing certififed copies and notary services some time back. There are a lot of notaries still there, and I believe the service they now offer is only for documents from the UAE. Although the website still indicates this service is available at the court.

Certified true copies are a standard process which, if not needed now, I am sure I will need again, whereupon a notary, justice of the peace, or similar person of stature (eg post master, laywers, and police), will confirm that they have seen the original copy of a document and that the copy is an exact likeness. And is needed whenever an original document is required, but cannot be presented in person due to risk of loss by courier or due to the requirement to keep it on your person (eg drivers license).
We often apply for a variety of things that need this....
If anyone out there knows of a laywer, or notary who provides this service even in Dubai or Abu Dhabi, please let me know!

[moderated: off topic]

Hi Danielle,

Looks like another Namibian in your valley:)

I just came accros this blog in search of help. I have to certify my Namibian Passport & Drivers Licence by someone who have been sworn in as a commission of oath.

I'm going to courier the certified documents back to Namibia, Windhoek in order to apply for my International Drivers Licence.

If you managed to get your documents certified last year in Al Ain then it will be much appreciated if you can share the place/person you used to get this done.

Baie dankie

Etienne

Hi there Etienne,

I am looking for someone to certify my degree and tertiary education record to apply to unisa as an international student. Did you manage to come right in Al Ain?

PLEASE HELP!
Jade

Hello Jade

For info this thread has been inactive since septembre 2014. Hope you get some responses anyway :top:

Regards
Kenjee

Hi Jade,

Did you manage to find someone in Al Ain that could assist you? If so, then it will be great if you can share the contact details.

Thanks
Etienne