Expat-Blog Get-Together in Muscat 2013/04/24

Dear All,

Let's get together and organize the first Expat-Blog Meet up in Muscat on April 24, 2013, 7.00PM at Caribou Café (Muscat Grand Mall)

This meeting will be a golden opportunity for all of us to communicate, interact and get to meet like-minded friends; also it would be a great opportunity for all newcomers to Muscat who need a helping hand while trying to settle in a new place.

During the meeting we may discuss about holding such gatherings on a regular basis and/or organizing any other social activities.

For those who are interested to join us, kindly leave a comment in here.

Looking forward to meeting all you, and in case of any inquiries or concerns; please do not hesitate to post it here.

Regards,

That sounds like a good idea...... I'm in :)

Rammy87 wrote:

That sounds like a good idea...... I'm in :)

Great ... Thanks for your reply :)

Now, we are two ;) ... Let see who else would be willing to join :)

Thread sticked !

Julien wrote:

Thread sticked !

Thanks a lot Julien :)

Its kinda funny isnt it..... Sometimes I dont even know if some people are looking to become friends??

No one seems to be posting in this sticky thread and yet people keep creating new threads on finding friends..... Come on people, lets get a group going and arrange a successful first get together....

Rammy87 wrote:

Its kinda funny isnt it..... Sometimes I dont even know if some people are looking to become friends??

No one seems to be posting in this sticky thread and yet people keep creating new threads on finding friends..... Come on people, lets get a group going and arrange a successful first get together....

Hey Rammy87 :)

The same happens always, so don't worry; will have the first get together with the least people joining.

hi My Name is Nitin Raghuvanshi living in omn asince 2007 i have recently settled down in Al Khoud working as a Operations nad marketing manager for support services company i want to join get together what we have to do for registeration .

kindly update me -
gsm no-94148801
[email protected]
thanks and regards,

Nitin

nitinraghuvanshi3 wrote:

hi My Name is Nitin Raghuvanshi living in omn asince 2007 i have recently settled down in Al Khoud working as a Operations nad marketing manager for support services company i want to join get together what we have to do for registeration .

kindly update me -
gsm no-94148801
[email protected]
thanks and regards,

Nitin

Hi Nitin and thanks for your reply.

Will count you in then, and will get in touch with you before the meeting to confirm your attendance.

Best Regards,

@Nitin,

Hey, A warm welcome here..... just as a quick reminder, never leave your mobile number in any social forum. A reply would suffice, else your mail id, if it is really important......

ya thanks for your advise

i'm in..

Hello Guyz,

I'm here also count me please,if any change will inform you before coz i will be not in Muscat but i will do my best to meet you guyz :)

regards
AMMAR

Hey. I will also join.
C u all on 24 april.
Thx
Mac

Come on guys, I have done a few of these get togethers in Bahrain and they are great fun and a lot of really good friendships have developed. Me and Vido Dido is an example of one of those.

Vido Dido is a very genuine, gentle, fun loving guy so I know for sure he will organise something really great and you will love the evening.

Just wish I was closer so I could come along too.

Josnuggles wrote:

Come on guys, I have done a few of these get togethers in Bahrain and they are great fun and a lot of really good friendships have developed. Me and Vido Dido is an example of one of those.

Vido Dido is a very genuine, gentle, fun loving guy so I know for sure he will organise something really great and you will love the evening.

Just wish I was closer so I could come along too.

Thanks Jo for the supportive words, knowing you and the other guys is something will continue to be proud of and hope to see you soon in Bahrain :)

We can't wait to see you back here in Bahrain and really look forward to seeing you. I hope your evening turns out to be the success it deserves to be. My first meeting would never have been so good if it hadn't been for your support.

Josnuggles wrote:

We can't wait to see you back here in Bahrain and really look forward to seeing you. I hope your evening turns out to be the success it deserves to be. My first meeting would never have been so good if it hadn't been for your support.

I'm off for a week in May with some good news will tell you about it ;) ... So, hopefully when I'm back will arrange to come and meet you all over a weekend. Certainly will let you know before :)

glvillaga wrote:

i'm in..

You are in ... Welcome aboard :)

VidoDido wrote:
Josnuggles wrote:

I'm off for a week in May with some good news will tell you about it ;) ... So, hopefully when I'm back will arrange to come and meet you all over a weekend. Certainly will let you know before :)

Fantastic news.  Our door is always open for you.

amoor wrote:

Hello Guyz,

I'm here also count me please,if any change will inform you before coz i will be not in Muscat but i will do my best to meet you guyz :)

regards
AMMAR

Ammar, we will be more than happy to meet you and hope you're gonna make it. All the Best :)

mascojack wrote:

Hey. I will also join.
C u all on 24 april.
Thx
Mac

Hey Mac, thanks for the reply ... See you soon :)

that will be cool...see you there.
Henz/Muscat

Me 2 im inn

Its a great idea. I will be there.

Why don't we just play bowling & get to know each other while having fun? It's rather "non-formal"

that will be a fun thing to do also.

Sounds good to me.

Guys! This is something i've been really looking for a long time, however i see the results are coming up now. Unfortunately i'll not be in the country on 24th (official visit).... and would be back by 26th.  In any case, do update with the first meeting and I assure my availability afterwards in all gatherings. It will be indeed a great platform for all of us to share nice (and worst) experiences and knowing each other.

VidoDido & Rammy87!  Thumbs up for u guys!!!

Eyeclick wrote:

that will be cool...see you there.
Henz/Muscat

Sounds Great ... See you :)

alreynier wrote:

Me 2 im inn

Perfect ... See you then :)

sheikh.qadir wrote:

Its a great idea. I will be there.

Would be glad to see you there :)

Gornado wrote:

Why don't we just play bowling & get to know each other while having fun? It's rather "non-formal"

Such a great idea and and can be considered as a potential idea for our second meeting.

Actually, for the first time, it would be better to meet face to face over a cup of coffee or so, get to know each others first, get to know the common interests, then plan for the next gathering accordingly.

Would be glad to have you there :)

DunMoving wrote:

Sounds good to me.

That's Great ... Looking forward to seeing you there :)

Hey Schaz, it would have been nice to see you around for the first meet.....

Considering the countless threads that people had created for catching up, including moi.... Its nice to see that we are finally getting a group together..... I'll post pictures of the first meet so as to encourage more get together in the future.

On another note, are you heading down to the Red Bull Soap Box thingy at the Boushar Dunes on Thursday?? Being a OAC member, I thought I would see you there !!!

Unfortunately NO :)
I have a bit of family matters to be sorted out and would not be able to join. But if you willing to meet me up, you can meet me anytime. My house in Madinat-Illam and if you can come sometimes there nearby, i would love to meet u as well!

Further to it, don't cancel the get together, even if its 3 or 4 people, go for it. It would be a nice step further to a social expat gathering here in Muscat which we're looking forward for a long long time.

Hi,

I hope to drop in. Cheers!

schaz wrote:

Guys! This is something i've been really looking for a long time, however i see the results are coming up now. Unfortunately i'll not be in the country on 24th (official visit).... and would be back by 26th.  In any case, do update with the first meeting and I assure my availability afterwards in all gatherings. It will be indeed a great platform for all of us to share nice (and worst) experiences and knowing each other.

VidoDido & Rammy87!  Thumbs up for u guys!!!

Schaz ... You would be missing buddy, would have loved it if you could have managed to join us, as it was going to be a good opportunity for me to thank you for your prompt contribution on the forum. Your inputs are adding a great value to the forum and enlightening the path to many members who seek clarifications related to their expat's life in Oman.

But for sure will count you in, in the next gathering or we can meet up for coffee some time at your convenient, just drop me a line at any time.

Good Luck with your official visit :)

Regards,

ps_prasanth wrote:

WILL MEET UP

Cool ... See you then :)

So you wont be a part of history then ;)

Yeah even if its only a few people, it would be nice to catch up on a Wednesday eve, considering its going to be last ever Wednesday before the weekends change to Friday and Saturday :rolleyes: