How much is enough to live on in Dubai?

Is it possible to live on 12,000AED/month, after having paid for accomodations?
I would need food, vehicle, insurance, petrol and all other bills bills to be covered by that amount. My hoped for salary is 9-10,000USD per month, and I'm budgeting US$2,200 for accomodation (8,100AED), sending US$3,500 home to my family (12,850AED) so that leaves about US$3,300 (12,000AED) for me to live on while I'm there.
Does anyone have any input?
Could I buy groceries, lease and run a car, etc for that amount?
Does anyone think that 8,100AED/month is reasonable for monthly rent? What could I expect for that? (from my research, I figure either a furnished 1 bedroom or an unfurnished 2 bed)
Are there severe rules on sub-letting rooms if I had a 2 bedroom?
(As an aside, is it against the law for unwed men and women to share an apartment?)
Any other tips for me?
Thanks guys

Hi englishmanintoronto,

That's more than enough but it depends on your lifestyle i.e what kind of car you drive, what are your activities over the weekend, where you eat, etc. AED 8,100 can give you a very comfortable apartment (1-bedroom apartment ~1000 sq. ft.). I spend less than AED 1,500 to AED 2,000 per month on food. Paid accomodation for AED 5,000 per month in Marina, AED 1000 for bills and internet, and still leaves me AED 8,000 to AED 9,000 for savings. I don't drive though. I hope that's useful. Cheers!