HELP NEEDED - COMPOUNDS IN JEDDAH

Hello All;

I am very new to this forum. So I would appreciate all kind of help and assistance about finding the right compound.

We will come to jeddah with my wife and 1 year old boy. I believe we would be needing 3 BR (1 extra for Maid) + 1 Living room villa. We have heard of Mura Bustan, Sierra and Al Basateen. Now my questions are;

1) What is the approximate cost of renting house in one of the compounds?
2) What is the expected waiting time on the list?
3) Is there any daycare available for our little boy?

Thanks very much to you all...

Hi!... first, welcome to jeddah!

Second, i am not a reliable source, LOL!

but from what I heard from others, Sierra---- if you're referring to Arabian Homes Sierra, you would need at least SAR 100,000++ per year

so, with a size of villa that you are planning to get, i assume you need a housing allowance almost double of this amount.

but it will be worth it.

Two bedrooms apartment in Arabian Homes Sierra is for SR110-120,000 a year

Thanks a lot j.echo and ahmadaq.

Do you know if we should talk to real estate agency or find someone from the compound who can help us to find villa?

regards

you can call or Email the compound directly

Guys thank you very much for help.

Can anyone tell me situation in Mura Bustan (Villas with 3 Br) and Al Basateen (villas with 3 Br)?

Thanks

Al Basateen is one of the best if not the best compound in Jeddah ,with nice facilities and well maintained villas. Its located in the north end of Jeddah so depending on where you will be working, you may have to commute a bit.

Mura bustan is more central but it's an old compound with old villas and facilities and can't say that they look as if they were maintained well ( old and not vintage :) ). Yet it's on the list of the top compounds here in Jeddah and its really green and there is something about it that makes people fall in love with it ( there is something about Mary kind of a thing)

In mura bustan 2 bedroom villa is Sar 120 000 (no idea about 3 br), in sierra 3 br villa is around Sar 140 000, in Basateen 185 000. I have been on the waiting lists for a year and in lotus even more and still nothing. Maybe you will have more luck :)

Thanks a lot all. It's been a tremendous help so far.

Is there a way I can register my name either one of the compounds before I get work permit. Or shall I wait for it?

You can also check out other compounds from destinationjeddah.com, downloading one of the magazines :)

Try sharbatly

mathemagician, this thread is 1 year old ...

:dumbom:

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : drop an advert in the housing section pls