Turkish cuisine.

I love Turkish food. Dining out that is...not cooking it.

Cooking it? I wouldn't know where to start!

For instance, on a number of occasions I've thought about trying to make dolma...but been hesitant because I would be in competition with my boyfriend's mother who makes fantastic dolma. Instead, I cook the same old bland stuff...and with the lack of Uncle Ben's cooking sauces on the supermarket shelves I'm losing any interest in cooking fast.

What to do? Help me please...If you have tried and tested a few simple recipes of anything that is worth me getting my hands dirty in the kitchen for, please share.

Oh, and I forgot. I am nearly vegetarian...I still eat chicken and fish but NO RED MEAT or PORK! Therefore, bear this in mind if you decide to send me some simple but delicious Turkish dish ideas.

Sorry. Lastly, does anyone know of a butchers in Kadikoy that sells chicken mince? I have always made bolognese and chilli with chicken mince and not beef mince.

Hi

We're a pair of Brits in Fethiye and have Turkish friends who we have to attempt to impress with our culinary (un)delights occasionally. There's a great blog Turkish food recipes that's rescued us on numerous occasions. Minced chicken - find yourself a butcher, buy a chicken breast and ask them to mince it for you - or I whizz my own in the food processor.

Enjoy living in Istanbul!

Thanks JayP. I never thought about whizzing the chicken breasts in the food processor, I thought it might make it too mushy. I'll give it a go ;)

As for the link, I'll have a look today and feedback with any successful attempts.

JayP wrote:

Hi

We're a pair of Brits in Fethiye and have Turkish friends who we have to attempt to impress with our culinary (un)delights occasionally. There's a great blog Turkish food recipes that's rescued us on numerous occasions. Minced chicken - find yourself a butcher, buy a chicken breast and ask them to mince it for you - or I whizz my own in the food processor.

really good site, thanks, by the way, i found this website: Turkish recipes, i really like these recipes. You should taste them. Thanks