Greetings from Malta!

Hi everyone,

I am finally in Malta (since yesterday) ... Yuppie!!! :D

As I wasn't sure how long would take me to find an apartment, I have rented a 2 bed apartment in B'kara for 5 nights, up to next Tuesday. A bit disappointed tough as there is no TV or Internet. But as the owner made me a good discount, cannot complaint much :)

Fortunately, I have managed to rent an apartment in Mellieha and therefore, I should be moving over there already by tomorrow :cool:
I have also booked the TV, telephone and Internet from Melita and hopefully by Mon or Tues, it should be all installed.

Now, just have a question! From where should I start 1st in regards to sorting out all the legal paperwork over here?
Shall I started with the national insurance office, tax office or with the e-residence stuff?

I will definitely want to have my OR sorted out coz I have noticed that here in Malta, everything is much cheaper when you're a resident, even the bus tickets :D

As always, looking forward for all your tips and advice.

Cheerio,
Antonio ;)

"Now, just have a question! From where should I start 1st in regards to sorting out all the legal paperwork over here?
Shall I started with the national insurance office, tax office or with the e-residence stuff? "

they are all different departments, and can be started concurrently.

Thanks George,

So, that means if for example I want to apply for the residency, they will not ask me for a NI number or a tax code then? Or the other way around?

Cheers!
Antonio

they are not dependent on each other - for example, I've lived here 10 years and still don't have a social security number as I don't work

That's great George! I will probably start with the e-residence coz I reckon that's the one that will take longer to be completed.

Ty

"I will probably start with the e-residence coz I reckon that's the one that will take longer to be completed. "

soc sec and tax number - might even get the numbers the same day you apply, or within a week

eResidence doc - 3 months plus for appointment, and then 2 months for the actual card

mantonas wrote:

That's great George! I will probably start with the e-residence coz I reckon that's the one that will take longer to be completed.
Ty

Remember, you cannot just turn up and go through the process. You have to apply for an appointment.
Don't expect a swift response.
I have applied for an appointment in July.
Personally, I would get my health status sorted first.

georgeingozo wrote:

soc sec and tax number - might even get the numbers the same day you apply, or within a week

eResidence doc - 3 months plus for appointment, and then 2 months for the actual card

Already sent and email to book an appointment for the eResidence doc, let's see how long will I be waiting for a reply :|

I suggest sending a letter as well - rumour email system is FUBAR'd

georgeingozo wrote:

I suggest sending a letter as well

Ok...do you know what kind of info would I need to include on the letter? Or shall I just send a letter stating my personal details and ask for an appointment?

Thanks!

passport number and nationality, your name, any dates you can't make an appointment, a return address :-)