Moving to Canada

hi everybody. my name is Isabela. iam polish living from 7 years in cyprus together with my husband and 9 years old son. because of the difficult situation in cyprus iam thinking very seriously to move with my family to canada. i need some informations ab the visas proceedure i dont know much ab it ab the housing and schools. my husband is a mechanic of heavy equipment machines but he doesnt speek english good, my son learns just one year, do we have a chance to get to canada? i know the language, i graduate international marketing, here iam working as a manager in one of the best restaurants in cyprus i speak also german, russian and greek. could anybody give me some information pls so i could start making my decisions . thank you :)

The best thing to do would be to contact a Canadian embassy or look at the canadian govt immigration website for information.

If you move here to Calgary Alberta , you will find lots of jobs for yourself, Your husband will find so many jobs here that he he will be able to pick from many places wanting mechanics , both heavy duty ( diesel) and automotive . Also its easy to start a small mechaic shop once he is established here . My neighbours are Polish and don't speak very good english, they have started a very good welding business in the last 12 years. They are hard working people and great to have next to me.
If you like I can find the website that the government has that shows jobs offered by businesses .
Remember it's Alberta that has all the jobs , not every other province is as lucky . You should move to a large city here in Alberta, if you go to a small town there will not be jobs unless you drive a long way to a big town or city.
Our climate is warmer than quite a few places ,and in the winter we get warm winds that melt the snow , thay are "chinook winds" it makes it easier to tollerate winter . We get more sunshine here than the other Provinces. Also people here in the westen part of Canada are more friendly than in the eastern part.
I am sorry I have no idea about visas or anything like that , just do an internet search and you should find what you need . If I can help dont hesitate to send a note.
A nice thing about living in Calgary is we can drive to the mountains in 45 minutes. Lots of hiking and clean air ,skiing too.
Good luck .
Neil

Follow the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_applica … ne.asp?s=1

Have fun!

Hi Isabela,

You should be able to get all the answers you need from this link.....
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index-can.asp.....
or just google...... cic.gc.ca

Canada can't seem to get enough mechanics so there are lots of jobs here. 

Good luck :)  from Janet in Canada.