Live and work in Israel

Hey together!

I'd really like to work in Israel this summer, so i thought the first step is to write here in the forum.
I'm 22 years old and from Austria. I work as a chef here, finished already my apprenticeship successfully 3 years ago, and i really really love it.

I've found my dream girl in Tel Aviv, but she's still in army for one year. So i thought when she can't move anywhere, I have to go to Israel. I'm used to work a lot and hard, and I'd really like to work as a chef too in Tel Aviv, but when i can't find a job in a hotel or restaurant, and there is a other chance to work, please tell me!

I'm looking forward that someone could help me! :)

Have a great weekend all together,

and thank you already!

hi klaus:)

if you want to work here in israel legally, you need a work permit.

as far as i know there are two ways to get a work permit if you are not jewish.
1st is to get an invitation from a company based in israel to work for them.
2nd is the "known in public" visa, partner visa, which you can apply for with your girlfriend.

here is a link which gives you a nice overview of what you need to do for the known in public visa, even though it can differ a bit and i would recommend getting in touch with the immigration office in israel:
https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … tizen.html

it is a lot of paper work and needs time! i going through this right now:)
it is a bit easier if you are still at home to collect all the papers required (i needed to get all of them while beeing in israel).

good luck!

:)