Combat/Self Defense Classes for Girls in Riyadh

My parents are keen in persuading me to sign up for a self-defense course and I've recently begun to entertain the idea. The problem is, I can't seem to find any martial arts centre in my area. I am also not sure what kind of class to sign up for. Kung-fu, Karate, Tae Kwon Do? Ideally I'd like a class that requires more than one lesson a week. Oh, and I am really looking for something that combines training simulations, physical combat and mental preparedness. Something along the lines of that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

P.S. I feel like I should probably tone down my expectations a notch or two. Any self-defense course will do!

Welcome to the forum joharah!;)

Hope that you'll soon be advised.

Harmonie

Thank you, dear. :)

Joharah

Hi there johara :) .. Are you on any other social network?

there is AlManahel center in the DQ they might have

joharah wrote:

My parents are keen in persuading me to sign up for a self-defense course and I've recently begun to entertain the idea. The problem is, I can't seem to find any martial arts centre in my area. I am also not sure what kind of class to sign up for. Kung-fu, Karate, Tae Kwon Do? Ideally I'd like a class that requires more than one lesson a week. Oh, and I am really looking for something that combines training simulations, physical combat and mental preparedness. Something along the lines of that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

P.S. I feel like I should probably tone down my expectations a notch or two. Any self-defense course will do!

You certainly don't need to be trained for self-defence here in Saudi.

There are 1/mil chances of you being stuck in such a sticky situation. If it is to do with men, they are usually harmless.

I just googled it for u dear

Fidgety Soul wrote:

Googles what and got what? :unsure

Recently I read in the news paper that
Martial Art school for ladies were open in Jeddah.

It was banned or illigal before jun-13, after royal decree it is permitted to open a sports club for ladies.

Yes, it is difficult to find the women sports club because recently it got permission.

keep searching and post the club info if you find one.

Cheers,
Kamran

TheLegendLeads wrote:
Fidgety Soul wrote:

Googles what and got what? :unsure

We wonder..

I believe Almanahel in the Diplomatic Quarter offers karate classes. And according to a friend of mine, Fantail Center (I believe it is in Al-Olayya District) has karate classes as well.

There is Taekwondo Classes in Al-Manahel Sports center in Diplomatic Quarter, I know a friend working out there..

I guess that's the only choice, or to get private classes at home or in a compound.. :)

There are classes going at the Dip Quarter. I know at the gym they have self defence classes as I have seen these advertised (by the pool).

Good luck