First trip to KL

Hello

We will go to KL from Saigon tomorrow.
We will arrive to the airport at 23:59.Our stay is Kampung Warisan - in Jalan Jelatek.
Is it our first time in Malaysia(and sooo exited:)) so I don't know, how can we go to the condo...
-Take a taxi?
I heard it's not too good thing at the Airport.
-Take an express bus or express train?
Is it possible at midnight?

Can we exchange dollars to ringgit at the Airport at midnight?
Or in KL can I pay with dollar?

I'm in trouble so please help:)

Thank you
Adrienn

If I were you, I will carry some Malaysian Ringgit for at least about RM 500!

Hi Adrienn,

Wish you a comfortable and enjoyable trip to KL. From your post, it seems you are super excited :-D

I actually live about 5-7 min drive from your condo. Kampung Warisan is a very resort-like condo and you will like it. And the train station is right across the road. The station is on the one side of the road and the condo is on the right. 1 min walk literally.

I think train is the quickest and cheapest option. From KLIA, you can take the KLIA Ekspres to KL Sentral (direct train, no stops) which is the central train hub of KL: http://www.kliaekspres.com/erlsb/KLIAEk … fault.aspx

When you reach KL Sentral, look for the Kelana Jaya or KJ train line station (2-min walk within the train station itself and you can ask someone for directions). When you get to the Kelan Jaya station, there are two exits - one towards Kelana Jaya and the other to Gombak. Take the exit towards Gombak, board the train and get off at Setiawangsa station. Kampung Warisan is right next to Setiawangsa station.

Here is a useful map of the entire train network in KL (http://malaysia123.com/maps/Klang-Valle … System.pdf) Quite useful if you're planning to move around KL without renting a car or taking a taxi.

Hope this helps.

Thank you!
Yes, I'm so exited, my dream come true tomorrow:)
I'll try to change some RM in Saigon tomorrow, I'm afraid I can't do that at the Airport at midnight...
Thank you about the train map but I don't know the last train time.
Do you think we can use the train around midnight?

Anyway, thank you very much for your help :)

Adrienn

Hello adrika,

Glad that you're excited!

The operating hours for most trains begin from 6.00am and end at, latest, 12:00 midnight. You can refer to this link for detailed affirmation :

http://www.myrapid.com.my/rail/operating-hours

However, the operating hours vary for the KTM, which rails outside from major cities, but in your case, I doubt that you'd be hopping on the KTM as the LRT is more convenient and easy for you.

Hope it helps!

Zaff

Thank you!!

I found the time table, we can go to the Sentral st. from the Airport, then we will use taxi I think.
Have you some advise about the taxi?
(because in Saigon are many taxi but you can use only 2 name safely...)

Anyway, thank you very much for your help:)

Adrienn

adrianne, r u travelling by yourself or do u have a guy friend with u. not advisable for a lone girl or two girls by themselves at that time by taxi. im not sure what advice to give u as u r not staying in a hotel to ask for a hotel cab pickup. my advice is the link that i sent u include a package where u take the klia ekspres and they also provide a cab to pick u up from kl sentral to ur destination. u can book the train and cab online. safest in my opinion.

dear adrika

welcome to malaysia..i'm so proud that you are so excited about malaysia..i hope malaysians will fulfilled all your dreams here.

my advice to you, better take a cab from klia direct to your condo.it's troublesome to travel with train during off hours. any fare for cab below rm150 is a good rate.

most of the trains operates after 6am to 12pm..since you're reaching klia around 12am..i guess your baggage clearance will be around 1.30am....so better take cab so that you can reach the condo around 3am. if you take the train you might reach your condo around 6am.

Hello

Thank you for your all advise!
I had a great time in Kuala Lumpur, absolutely fell in love!
I want to go back ASAP :)
The people smiling, everybody speak english, food is great, it was wonderful!

Thank you very much again :)

Adrienn