Where is the safest place to live in Belize?

I have been to Ambergris Caye, the Corozal District and San Ignacio but none for any length of time.   I do want to retire in Belize and was seeking others opinions as to the best and safest area.   I will be traveling back and forth as my family is in Minnesota and I will be visiting often.
I am looking to buy a home or some day build on my sea lots near Corozal.
I would like to come and stay in Belize from December 2013-February or March 2014 if anyone knows of a really nice rental
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sandi

Hello Sandi.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

considering a 3-4 month visit to belize.....is it possible to live on $1000 a month in a safe neighbourhood, preferablynear a beach...i would also be willing to share a flat as well...when is the best time of year to visit, dont want to be caught in a hurricane...any info to help a single woman travelling in belize would be appreciated....considering a long term move in future...thanks all, stace

Try  Joseph Martin [Moderated: Please use private message to send personal information.]
He has a house in SanIgnacio
Tom Mathew

Anywhere outside of Belize city is pretty safe as long as you use common sense. Hopkins is a lovely almost Mayberry like little village with great beaches.

I am moving to belize would like to buy something cheap near to the beach i would like to spend about 110, american money for it .Is there anything avaiblile like that there. Some where near town Please let me know----its just me and my pom (dog).

[Moderated : off topic + post your offer in housing section]