Medical Doctors and hospitals in Punta Cana

I will be moving to Punta Cana in 30 days.  My company is providing DR health insurance.  What is the medical care like there. What about RX's

Thanks
Chuck

Depending on where you go to the medical care can be from third world to modern and up to date.  There are some very good hospitals and docs around.
Health insurance here is pretty good but will only cover you here in the DR.  I had surgery at HOMS hospital in Santiago with great care and my cost out of pocket was about $200 for tests, surgery and a week in the hospital with all meds and follow up.
Most meds (non narcotic) here are over the counter so not hard to get.

Bob K

Bob
Thanks. I'll be there in May. Just waiting for my paperwork from the consulate

Good luck

Bob K

You want to  find out what insurance they are providing.  IF it is the legally required - it is not anywhere near what you will want.  IF it is private additional coverage - then you are better off. Each company and plan has there own levels of coverage. The basics are - In hospital/emergency coverage,  Out of hospital, Drugs, Dental.  Each plan has different things for each.  Some policies also offer "last expenses" coverage.

You need to find out from your employer what they are offering you. Feel free to contact me if you need help with this.

Bob is correct - make sure your coverage is sufficient for what you may face here.

Planner
Can you send me an email address I have the
Medical info but its in Spanish

Chuck

choll40 wrote:

Planner
Can you send me an email address I have the
Medical info but its in Spanish

Chuck

You betcha  [email protected]