Obtaining a Work Permit Visa for Working in Greece

Hi guys!

I am a filipino currently residing and living here in the philippines.

I just wanted to know if how much will it cost for me to apply for a working visa?

I got a job offer from Hotel Istron Bay Crete in Crete, Greece and they told me that they will shoulder all of my travel expenses such as flight tickets and accommodations. But they told me that i will be the one shouldering the fee for a working visa.

They also told me that their travel agent will assist me in getting one.

Do you guys think that this is a legit job?

Please guys i need your help for this matter.

They are rushing me because the work will begin in 20th of this month.

Hope to here from you guys!

Thank you!

Hello.

PLEASE be careful!!!

some things about their behaviour sound really strange!!!
here in Greece the rates of unemployment are very big.. 50%of the young people here are jobless and employers don't employ people so easily.... and when they employ they usually don't pay the employee the amount of money that was agreed and they usually mistreat the emploee.
the way that they are trying to make you hurry and come here and get the job is somehow worrying.

If my worries are not right,which i hope, I don't want to make you lose the job by making you to hesitate more,
but PLEASE try to have a close scrutiny before making the desicion, go to the greek embassy in filipines or to filipinos people that know the situation in greece  and ask them to advise you on this and don't let yourself get involved in illegal  situations because of inadequate information!!!

ralou is right to advise you to be cautious,you are a young woman intending to travel alone and as such are vulnerable.I checked out the hotel,but do you really know what duties you would be doing there,what extra services do they offer their guests.Are they looking for slave labour.My advice to you is not to rush into this,forget it rather than do something risk that you may bitterly regret.

Thank you guys for the kind advices! I already done my research and found out that the job is not legit so i automatically back out. Anyway, thank you for letting me know some information about people in greece being jobless. Thank you!