Moving to Nigeria

Hi all

I have just been offered a job with Sermatech Nigeria in Cross River State.

Can anyone give me some details on the accommodation in the area some photos would be great.

Is anyone else in that area?

Ewan

Hello Ewan.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

What kind of accommodation are you looking for?

Thank you,
Aurélie

Nice place... Apart from Abuja (Nation's capital), Calabar (you didn't specify the location but I guess it is Calabar) is to me the second nicest city in Nigeria. Relatively safe (at least compared to the rest of the country) and very clean.

Not sure of exact location as I'm still waiting for a reply from the company but they are providing the accommodation

You must be daft....advertising your location as a white expat in Nigeria. Keep in the background and don't make yourself a target.

Sandman, I am quite sure there is enough expats in Calabar (personally know few of them) so by saying the location, but without the photo and other personal details, he will be pretty much safe. He should be more concerned about playing low-profile once in Calabar.

Sandman hence no full details about me on my profile and just saying moving to Nigeria isn't a great help as you well know its a big country

I imagine that you'll be accommodated in a secure compound. As others have said, Calabar is comparatively safe as Nigeria goes.

who says Nigeria isn't safe?

Yemmy wrote:

who says Nigeria isn't safe?

You can't be serious.

(moderated: off topic)