Making friends

My name is Raymond and Im currently living in the UK. Im looking to speak to people in Jamaica who might be able to help me find employment there. Jamaica is the birth place of my parenets and an Island I have visited many times and have felt at ease with the life style.

I am recently divorced;my children have left home. I would like to leave England and start a new life in Jamaica but I am 53 years old so I am worried I will find it difficult to gain employment.

For the last 12 years I have run my own business as a  Debt Management Consultant. My business involved helping people in financial difficulty to negotiate reduced payments to their creditors.

I am also a freelance document collection agent, which involves visiting clients in their home as to help them to complete legal and financial documents. On completion of the document I would take them away and make sure they were posted to the businesses concerned.

Does anyone know wether or not there is likely to be a call for my services in Jamaica. Can someone help me with my querey please.

Regards

Raymond

Welcome to Expat.com Raymond!

Hope that you'll soon be advised.;)

Harmonie

[Moderated: Please post in the jobs section]

Hi Raymond! I have an online business and live between MoBay and the US and so haven't had to worry about visa issues thus far. Are you aware of the process of a work visa for yourself? I know that it is probably easier for you considering you are in UK and your parents were citizens :) I will do some research about your line of business - do you want to work for someone or start your own debt consolidation/document processing company? Where there's a will, there's always a way!!!