ROMAN IN MALTA

SALUT!POATE CINEVA SA MA AJUTE CU INFORMATII LEGATE DE JOB-URILE EXISTENTE IN MALTA ATAT CU ACTE CAT SI LA NEGRU?ADOR INSULA ASTA SI AS VREA SA MA STABILESC ACOLO.ORICINE IMI POATE DA INFORMATII II VOI FI RECUNOSCATOR!MULTUMESC MULT.UN SALUT DIN ROMANIA!

Hi Arian,

welcome to the forum.

Most of us here don't understand a word of your post! If you want some interaction please post in English.

Thanks
Ricky

If that's Romanian.....

.........I'm a Dutchman. ;)

Tranlation:
HELLO ! Can anyone help me WITH INFORMATION RELATED TO JOB - EXISTING SITES IN MALTA BOTH THE ACTS AS WELL TO BLACK ? ADOR ISLAND AND THAT AS wants me to settle there . INFORMATION ANYONE can give me I will be grateful! MULT.UN THANK YOU GREETINGS

Magda69 wrote:

Tranlation:
HELLO ! Can anyone help me WITH INFORMATION RELATED TO JOB - EXISTING SITES IN MALTA BOTH THE ACTS AS WELL TO BLACK ? ADOR ISLAND AND THAT AS wants me to settle there . INFORMATION ANYONE can give me I will be grateful! MULT.UN THANK YOU GREETINGS

Thanks.......

Google translator couldn't translate it either.

:rolleyes:

I do not speak Romanian but I would bet he is saying something close to this:

"Hello! Can anyone help me with information about jobs in Malta with papers and undeclared money. I love this island and I would like to settle there. Anyone can give me information? I will be grateful. Thank you very much. Greeting from Romania!"

Not sure at all if he really says "with papers and undeclared money" but "ACTE" means papers and "NEGRU" black (in Spanish "en negro" -in black- means undeclared money).

Lusco wrote:

I do not speak Romanian but I would bet he is saying this:

"Hello! Can anyone help me with information about jobs in Malta with papers and undeclared money. I love this island and I would like to settle there. Anyone can give me information? I will be grateful. Thank you very much. Greeting from Romania!"

Not sure at all if he really says "with papers and undeclared money" but "ACTE" means papers and "NEGRU" black (in Spanish "en negro" -in black- means undeclared money).

Wow!!...it's as if you're native in so many cultures....

Sir, I bow to your many competencies.

If anyone can help this fellow then I'm sure he would appreciate your answer in his native language..........whatever that is.

Cheers

Mike

Edit....

Indeed Sir ;)

MikeInPoulton wrote:

First: I am indeed native in many cultures and languages.

and 2nd: You do not need to speak a language to understand what it (partially or totally) says. e.g. I do not speak Italian but I mostly understand Italian; I do not speak Japanese and I do not understand almost anything in Japanese.

Lusco wrote:
MikeInPoulton wrote:

and 2nd: You do not need to speak a language to understand what it (partially or totally) says. e.g. I do not speak Italian but I mostly understand Italian; I do not speak Japanese and I do not understand almost anything in Japanese.

I speak English, French and (some) Italian.....my wife speaks Maltese (of course), English (fluent and better than most in the country), French, Italian and Greek (conversational). 

Not speaking a language and "mostly understanding it" is complete (insert anglo saxon expletive here).

さようなら

Mike

redmik wrote:
Lusco wrote:
MikeInPoulton wrote:

and 2nd: You do not need to speak a language to understand what it (partially or totally)

The only problem is that one phrase or word, appearing to be similar in different languages may and usually does have a different meaning, particularly if the roots of the languages are different. Its meaning would also depend upon context. It's about comprehension not 'speaking' a language.
You may find this interesting: http://www.economist.com/node/18557572

You may find this interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_intelligibility

Lusco wrote:
redmik wrote:
Lusco wrote:

and 2nd: You do not need to speak a language to understand what it (partially or totally)

The only problem is that one phrase or word, appearing to be similar in different languages may and usually does have a different meaning, particularly if the roots of the languages are different. Its meaning would also depend upon context. It's about comprehension not 'speaking' a language.
You may find this interesting: http://www.economist.com/node/18557572

You may find this interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_intelligibility

Very interesting Lusco....

from your 'link' the opening sentence is:

"In linguistics, mutual intelligibility is a relationship between languages or dialects in which speakers of different but related varieties can readily understand each other without intentional study or special effort."

Can you please explain the correlation between Spanish and Romanian........as per your link above.

Hey!! you may know something we don't (especially as Greek (and Latin) we are led to believe, is the bedrock of all Western languages (indeed all.....).

just a thought there

Mike

MikeInPoulton wrote:

Can you please explain the correlation between Spanish and Romanian........as per your link above.

Spanish? Who talked about Spanish? I speak 2 romance languages as native languages and I speak 4 romance languages in total. Apart from those romance languages I studied French and I mostly understand anyone speaking Italian (but I do not consider myself an Italian nor a French speaker). The more background you have in Romance languages the easier is for you to understand another Romance language. Romanian is for your information a Romance language.

Ow Do Mick

(Anglo Saxon)

Sithee int summer int ot teem

Laters

Mike

Lusco wrote:
MikeInPoulton wrote:

Spanish? Who talked about Spanish? I speak 2 romance languages as native languages and I speak 4 romance languages in total. Apart from those romance languages I studied French and I mostly understand anyone speaking Italian (but I do not consider myself an Italian nor a French speaker). The more background you have in Romance languages the easier is for you to understand another Romance language. Romanian is for your information a Romance language.

My apologies

You are indeed Spanish....are you not?

Pray tell, what 'romance' languages do you speak?

I am now intrigued.

Mike

redmik wrote:

Maltese (Malti) is the national language of Malta, and a co-official language of the country alongside English,while also serving as an official language of the European Union,the only Semitic language so distinguished. Maltese is descended from Siculo-Arabic (the Arabic dialect that developed in Sicily, and later in Malta, between the end of the ninth century and the end of the thirteenth century).About half of the vocabulary is borrowed from standard Italian and Sicilian; English words make up between 6% and 20% of the Maltese vocabulary, according to different estimates. It is the only Semitic language written in the Latin script in its standard form.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maltese_language

I know a person from Libya who is fluent in Spanish and she says that she understand Maltese but she does not speak Maltese. The reason? Mutual intelligibility between the languages she knows and Maltese. In Maltese functional words are mostly Arabic words while content words are mostly Italian/Sicilian which she is supposed to understand because her knowledge of Spanish.

The funny thing is that since there is no official rule which draws the line to separate a language from another one, sometimes the intelligibility is higher between two different languages than between dialects of the same language.

Lusco wrote:

The funny thing is that since there is no official rule who draws the line to separate a language from another one, sometimes the intelligibility is higher between two different languages than between dialects of the same language.

The 'real' funny thing is.......that, above, is neither sense nor English.

You need to be very careful what you 'cut and paste' it can be very embarrassing.

Best very the all

Mike

I did not cut and paste the text. What exactly does not make sense apart from the "official rule who*" instead of "official rule which"?

Lusco wrote:

I did not cut and paste the text. What exactly does not make sense apart from the "official rule who*" instead of "official rule which"?

.......ermmm, no cutting and pasting eh?

so what does the asterisk here......."official rule who*"
mean exactly?

I know.....explain it in Esperanto .........maybe we will all get it.

ĉiuj tre bona

Mike

MikeInPoulton wrote:
Lusco wrote:

.......ermmm, no cutting and pasting eh?

so what does the asterisk here......."official rule who*"
mean exactly?

The asterisk when quoting and after a correction is commonly used as a net-etiquette to mark which word was incorrect. And that is what I did in my last post; I indicated that when I said "who" I meant "which".

redmik wrote:

Guess who I think ARIAN74 is? Look at his profile. Excellent English (so why post in gibberish?)and so similar to someone else we know who lives in Australia and keeps popping up.

Fruge wrote:
I am not yet an expatriate, but I am looking for information about life abroad.
I am Australian, and I would like to live in Malta. I am currently in sydney.

Zubrik wrote: zubrik
I am Australian, and I would like to live in Malta.

ARIAN74 wrote:
I am Romanian, and I would like to live in Malta. I am currently in Targoviste.

Apart from details exactly the same language and punctuation.

Can no one rid us of this troublesome troll? (Apologies to William Shakespeare.)

I am afraid you are wrong. Those messages are just simply automatically generated by the forum with the data provided by each user.

Lusco wrote:

The asterisk when quoting and after a correction is commonly used as a net-etiquette to mark which word was incorrect. And that is what I did in my last post; I indicated that when I said "who" I meant "which".

I know what an asterisk is..............especially in the context you use - I don't need another "cut and paste" reference from another mistake you have made.

You 'pasted' the asterisk by mistake......didn't you?................

Come one, admit your blunder - which word were you "marking as incorrect" in your post?

Sorry to interrupt your lunch at this time........( :rolleyes: )

cheers cobber

Mike

You have even quoted my original message which had no asterisk
http://s8.postimg.org/lcov92sj9/mikeinp … lunder.pnghttps://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 25#1154567

Do not worry, I am not going to say to you what you just said to me:

MikeInPoulton wrote:

Come one, admit your blunder

:offtopic:

I invite the moderators to moderate this thread as we have gone way off topic here. I have deleted my posts as I acknowledge that.
It's a shame as it could have been a good discussion about languages but..........

redmik wrote:

I invite the moderators to moderate this thread as we have gone way off topic here. I have deleted my posts as I acknowledge that.
It's a shame as it could have been a good discussion about languages but..........

What topic ???????????

tearnet wrote:
redmik wrote:

What topic ???????????

:D

The laugh of it all is that put the original post through a translator and it makes no sense at all, though it is identified as being Romanian.
How romantic ;):D;)

MikeInPoulton wrote:

Not speaking a language and "mostly understanding it" is complete (insert anglo saxon expletive here).

you are absolutely wrong Mike, however it is your legal right to be wrong

anyway, please calm down. it is a nice forum most of the time, don't try to change it to something nobody will like

OK lets get back on topic =

Hu
   Ye forgi halis gop kipple, astu wemin quepis?

Terry  :D:D:D

tearnet wrote:

Hu

Hi Terry

......although I do not speak this language I partially understand it.  Is the answer:

"Wherever I lay my hat (that's my home)".....by Paul Young?

Mike

MikeInPoulton wrote:
tearnet wrote:

Hu

Hi Terry

......although I do not speak this language I partially understand it.  Is the answer:

Mike

I have no idea but its not my first language so you could be close.

Quwer elan eppovit ( or well done for keeping it on topic as they say in beerland). :cool::cool:

Terry

tearnet wrote:
MikeInPoulton wrote:
tearnet wrote:

Hu

Hi Terry

Mike

I have no idea but its not my first language so you could be close.

Quwer elan eppovit ( or well done for keeping it on topic as they say in beerland). :cool::cool:

Terry

Hey Terry....

that's why they have me on the quiz team.....

Uraua uljub ucoic iftd htgue netfcf hjpcg

Music was my first love (John Miles)....until I met the Metal Woman......as opposed to Metal Guru (T Rex) (still on topic I hope).

:cool::cool:

Mike

nuq 'oH SoH ja'ta'

:D:D:D:one

In any language =  :cheers:

Terry (kuptu)

I addressed in Romanian to see if I can find any novel on this site. they are not an invention of australia as someone said, nor was generated electronically this post. really are novel and if you can not help with advice about immigration will look better other posts to comment. thank you!

si sabes español,pues podemos hablar...estas equivocado señor al respecto a una persona que no conoces.un saludo de Rumania!

Hi Arian,

this is an English speaking Expat.com for Malta. We are happy to give any advice you need but please in English !

If you wish to communicate in Romanian then please go to a Romanian language forum and do not keep posting here in Romanian.

You are being very rude .

Cheers
Ricky

ARIAN74 wrote:

I addressed in Romanian to see if I can find any novel on this site. they are not an invention of australia as someone said, nor was generated electronically this post. really are novel and if you can not help with advice about immigration will look better other posts to comment. thank you!

Ciao!

ciao!thnx from you support!

why are rude, I not offended anyone!!!!

ARIAN74 wrote:

si sabes español,pues podemos hablar...

Para ello deberías usar el foro en español (buen español, por cierto): https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=2373
(To do so you should use the Spanish forum. Good Spanish by the way)

What advice about immigration are you looking for exactly? From your first message, it seems that you are you also looking for some job in Malta. Have you checked this post? https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=203611 and this other part of the website https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/europe/malta/ ?