Traveling to Germany

Hello everyone!

In December this year, I will be traveling to Europe. As this year is my last year in secondary school, my parents are giving me the opportunity to travel. I have decided to travel to Europe, either to Germany or to England. I am a Malaysian and I have turned 17 this year.

I have hesitations -- I've received many feedbacks from many people that I've consulted about traveling to Europe in December. So far, most people told me not to travel to European countries in December, because it is cold and the weather is unpleasant during that month. Would it be better if I go in late January?

Cheers!

hey! how you doing?
it's truth, is very cold and cloudy here january is the some or even worst! hahaha , i recommend you to come here in september-october , these are the best months but of course it's more expensive. may-june would be nice too! 

see you!!!

December in parts of Germany can be quite expensive actually, since the Christmas markets are a huge attraction for international visitors

Hello ECS and Leo-bv,

Thanks for your feedbacks. I am only allowed to travel in December or in early 2014, because I have an examination in September and also in December. The plan is to travel right after I have completed my examinations. I'd actually consider traveling in May! I am actually interested in celebrating Christmas in any of the European countries, specially England or Germany because I'd like to experience "White Christmas", haha.

Could anyone suggest the best month to travel to Germany? Also, what states are the most visited in Germany during the Christmas eve?

Thanks in advance! :)

well if you have to come i guess it is better in december 100% you'll have the christmas and new year eve, nuremberg has the most important christmas' market in germany but in all cities you can find  very nice ones.

see ya!

If you have never encountered a temperate Winter, be prepared for a SHOCK - and bring as many clothes as you can carry!

beppi wrote:

If you have never encountered a temperate Winter, be prepared for a SHOCK - and bring as many clothes as you can carry!

beppi is right !

Never travel to Europe in winter if you come from a warm country ;)
I almost died in France back in january 2009 :rolleyes:

Thanks for the advices you guys! Really appreciate them! Although I just felt that my interest of going to Europe in December has lowered, haha. I'll visit one of the countries in warmer seasons then! Thank you :)