Long term visas

hello here, my wife and i, we are planning to move to St Lucia and we would like to know how to get the visa? a work permit? and even a Job,most likely in tourism. we are a mixed multinational couple, we are living in France for now, she is from France and i am from Haiti. we would like to know what would it take to get there?. thanks

Welcome to Expat.com Thespartan!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie

You can get a visa for a extended stay. Getting a job will be very difficult , job availabilitys are offered to Saint Lucians first.Unless you are sponsered by a company you will most likely have a hard time landing a job. We are US citizens and have the same problems.Maybe someone on island can clarify this for you. Good luck

Hi, There are options you can consider - companies who are interested in what you bring to the table can prepare for you a simple letter which you can take to the labor department and there, apply and pay for your own work permit.  the cost is about 200-250USD per month and needs to be renewed every month.

I do have a few friends working in that department who are very approachable and can explain the whole process to you.  Also, if you're stumped on what job you want to get into, you can message me and i can connect you with a few friends to see whether the opportunities exist for you.

Best regards
Sanjay

I would love to know where to apply for a long term visa for my living in St Lucia.  If I obtain this do I need a return trip on my airplane ticket or may I forego that?

Why is everybody looking for jobs in small islands with no industry?
This is not paradise here ... :rolleyes:

The only good thing here is fine weather in the winter months up north ...

How about trading stocks online privately?  You'll never need a job (or "business" :rolleyes:) again ...

won't be working when I move so found out I don't need a visa.  I will be looking for a furnished apt before I buy for the first few months.  Also interested in learning how to trade stocks.

Rowan

whales352 wrote:

won't be working when I move so found out I don't need a visa.  I will be looking for a furnished apt before I buy for the first few months.  Also interested in learning how to trade stocks.

Rowan

Hello,

1). Here is a link for entry visas for SLU.
If the link does not work, here is the URL http://www.wordtravels.com/Travelguide/ … Lucia/Visa

2). Looking for furnished apt.??? Done. You now have it ... :)

3). Ready to buy house in SLU? Done. Just wait to hear what is available.  ;)

4). Cyber-trading is just great for retirees and for ladies because they - according to statistics from brokers - trade more reasonably than men who always fight even when not needed.

5). Can't wait to see you in SLU :D

long term visas hello here, my wife and i, we are planning to move to St Lucia and we would like to know how to get the visa? a work permit?  Or self employed visa to carryout suitable to do some work/business/etc in any field which is in demand in st lucia. we are living in India for now, we would like to know what would it take to get there?. thanks

Raj