Visa

Visa on arrival
Hello folks. I intend going to Accra in July to get married & settle. Have never had a VOA. Now in Chengdu, but the Ghanaian embassy is in Beijing, damn far, and I only know about 20 words. Don't know how long it would take & it could be quite expensive waiting in a hotel. Have written to 3 embassies without a reply. The Ghana Immigration site is comprehensive but not always clear. I could get a VOA if it were urgent…but? Then there is the matter of a forwarding flight back to China or to S.Africa. Of course this all costs a lot. Any sensible replies will be appreciated. Thank you.

Mail your passport with other required documents by certified mail  and you will get your visa. It is cheaper that way. Airlines may refuse to fly you. Good luck!

Thank you for your response Ruskin.Having read about passports being lost in the embassy in Denmark,I will be worried. Furthermore the postal system here in China.No...

ps. I lied about previous VOA. I forgot about Malaysia.

No idea what a VOA is so perhaps you can explain and then I might be able to help. I got my visa to Ghana in Hong Kong and it was very easy and I got it the same day as I waited. Perhaps it might be easier to do it that way.

Thank you hkann.
VOA=visa on arrival.
Getting a visa in H.Kong is probably the best answer. So I fly to Shenzhen-bus to HK.Go to embassy,hope & wait.If I knew how long it would take I could even book my flight to Ghana.My experience thus far has been that it is cheaper to take these 2 flights,than flying direct from Chengdu.

It isn't actually an embassy it is just an office. I have forgotten the actual address but if you look on the web you will find it somewhere in Central. It doesn't open every day but you can get the times and download the form from the website. I think it cost over HK$400. You go to this office, see the guy, pay the money and he gives you a 3month vistor's visa and it takes around 30 mins.
You can fly to Ghana with Emirates from Hong Kong and it is a reasonable flight. It leaves around midnight so you could get to Hong Kong get the visa and fly out the same day!
Good luck!
I have just looked at the website and unfortunately it seems that the office in HK can only give visas to HK residents. You could contact them and see if they make exceptions