D Type Visa Plus Remarks: Meaning?

Hi

I have D type Visa for Belgium (Valid till Jan 2014) with the following remarks:
BNL 2, B3 + (Uni Name), B-6 + 28 months.

I have also acquired the Belgian Residence permit which is valid till Oct 2014.

Can I travel to other Schengen countries on this visa (Belgian) and the residence card?

yes within Schengen area only

If it says E karte on it you cant as its just a id for recency not a passport. Mines only a 5 year one so i still have to travel on my uk passport

As OP is not an EU national, they do not have an E card (E stands for EU national) and will indeed know that already. They are completely correct in asking if they need to travel with their national non EU passport and residents' card, as they together give the ability to travel in Schengen without the need for a Schengen visit visa.

I'm not an EU national. I'm from India.
So, this means I can travel to other Schengen countries on this visa and residence card. Is that Right?
I asked the lady at the Foreign Office here and she said she doesn't know.
Is there an office in Brussels where I can go and find out?

I have 19 years experience, please be assured by what I wrote already, if you want to double check what I wrote, enquire at any Schengen country embassy in Brussels.

Yes everyone in the EU and Schengen has to travel on their national passport / national ID card, as the OP had already mentioned they would be indeed doing when travelling.

Maybe call Brussels to be sure. I had a friend who is married to a guy who isn't belgain and not from eu and he wanted to travel. Apparently he had to have a visa. So maybe call burssels or the passport agentcy or maybe someone else in your city hall you can talk to to be exactly sure. Im not a expert these are just the issues ive ran into and its maybe best to be safe.

There is no Belgian passport agency. People in Schengen who are long term settled in one country cannot have a visa for visits to other countries as they don't need one, as their residents' permits take the place of a Schengen visit visa. The Belgian authorities have no authority to say who can and cannot travel for example to France, only the French authorities can say who can and cannot and the answer is already written, so it's of no use asking any Belgian authority. The closest you'll get to an official Belgian answer is to go to Gare du Midi, ask Eurostar departures desk if you can have a word with a Belgian Federal Police officer who you can ask the question to, as it would be this officer asking for you to see your passport+residents' permit were you wishing to take the Eurostar to Lille in France.

Oh well good luck with your trip anyway were is it you are wanting to travel to ?

Completely agree with Tervuner..

@sm1234 --- If you have a valid residence permit from Belgium (a white-pink color card), you dont need a visa to visit EU countries which is inside schengen area (UK is not a part of it).  Your Indian passport + Belgian residence permit will do.

Also, the residence permit, it overrides the visa (so, you can stay in Belgium till the expiry date of your residence permit, no matter what end date you have on your visa..). If your employment is extended or so, you keep renewing the residence permit not the visa.. With the residence permit, you can exit and enter EU multiple times with no restriction.. (You may need to prove your employment, etc at the immigration desk if asked !)

Hope this info helps.

Okay! Thanks everyone for their inputs.
I will be traveling to Amsterdam and Paris in the next two months and wanted to be sure.

As the previously posted link expired (link pointing to official explanation of remarks on the visa), updating the thread with the latest link:

https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/sites … ion_en.pdf