Residence permit options?

Hello I currently have a residence permit which expires in April and an appointment to renew it in May but I now need to return to the UK in July so not really worth getting another residence permit just for a couple of months so could any one let me know the best options for staying in Istanbul legally for just the couple of months after my permit expires eg would I be able to go across the border for the day from Istanbul so as to get a 3 months visitors visa stamped in my passport or wouldnt I be allowed a visitors visa if I already have a residence permit still valid for a month? Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Many thanx for your reply but I don't think I made my post very clear as I am trying to find a way NOT to have to renew my residence permit at all as not worth doing it just for a couple of months as I need to return to the U.K. in July and wont be returning. What I wanted advice on was would it be possible to get a 3 months visitors visa if I still have a couple of months left on my residence permit?

Hi Celikler, thanx again for your reply....yes you are right the local police don't speak English which does make it difficult to find out any information but are quick to fine us if we do it wrong and even more confusing is it is different rules depending on where abouts you are in Turkey! L.O.L.

Has your issue been resolved?

Do you know that you can renew your residence for as long as you want ? i mean you do not need to renew for a year period. you can renew it for 1-2-3 months as well, and you pay accordingly.

No, my issue hasnt been resolved yet but thanx for asking!

Yes Mristanbul I was aware that I can renew my permit for just a couple of months but would still be the same hastle and paperwork and transfering of money from the U.K. into my Turkish bank and I would still need to show a copy of a Tenancy agreement which I dont have as the police informed me today I need as they wont except the address where I am staying for the next couple of months as im just there as a guest. I just thought it might be a lot easier to leave the country for a day or two and come back in on a visitors visa? Anyway thanx for your reply!