American Living in Dublin Has Questions

Hello

I have been living in Dublin with my husband(Dublin born) for a year. I am a Stamp 4 and can work here and stay no problem.

My problem is what I do for a living doesnt exist in ROI, They have them back in the states and in the UK, and other places just not here.

I am a medical professional who can work in the States as a locum, where I can be paid up to 15k a month with ALL my expenses paid, car, hotel food, and come back.
We just got our first home and it needs so much work and an extention. This could take years to save where I could just go make the cash.  They are also thinking of bringing my profession here, and I am meetig with someone high on the food chain about this in April when HE flys here to meet me. I also after working some locums could find FT work in North Ireland, and then be able to commute.

I wont take a job until after our one year meeting which is in a couple months.

My question is ... Will they allow me to do this? My husband thinks they may have a problem with me working in America but living in Ireland. Trust me the last thing I want to do is sleep in a bed without my husband in it, half a world away, but this is the best thing for us and my carrer.

WHAT DO I DO??

Thanks
J

Hello JoeyRooklyn.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll be advised by other members soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie