Hair products

Hi All
  My wife is asking about hair and skin products In beBelize? can you get any us products or close to us products there? She likes a certain kind and is wondering if she will have to use a cocanut after we move to Belize

before you get any kinda hair o skin products she needs to know her skin requirement...once she knows she can go any buy the related products.There are wide range of products in the market.

Another thing to remember is that her hair and her skin may/will react differently to the sun and humidity and breeze here in Belize.  My products for hair and skin are changing as my skin reacts to the conditions her. So bring some down... But anticipate change.  Just my two cents!

We live in key west now so wind and humidity we already have, she wants to know if there product's available

Is there something specific she's looking for? Brand, product type, etc.?
There are some brands that are familiar...Dove, Tresemme, Head & Shoulders, Pond's, St. Ives, etc...but the actual product itself may be limited in selection.

super833 wrote:

Hi All
  My wife is asking about hair and skin products In beBelize? can you get any us products or close to us products there? She likes a certain kind and is wondering if she will have to use a cocanut after we move to Belize

There are certainly shampoos and lotions, etc. available, but selections are limited compared to the plethora of brands available in the US -- and might be quite a bit more expensive since they are imported.  If she really prefers certain brands, though, those things are easy to bring in in your suitcases, and replenish supplies when you visit the US.  We brought a case of a particular brand of sunscreen with us, for example!

When you visit, you should look for specific things like that in the stores to check on availability and pricing.

I found that bringing a list of products / things / foods that I felt I needed helped when it came to shopping here.  Luckily I have friends and family who will visit and throw some things into their suitcase for me.  I did bring six large tubes of my favorite toothpaste...  And, good thing, they don't sell it here at all!

how do you get through air port with a large tunes and bottels?

super833 wrote:

how do you get through air port with a large tunes and bottels?

You have to pack it in your checked luggage.  We packed items like that in ziplock bags and wrapped them all in clothing.  Unless you plan never to visit the US, you don't need to bring a ton of it.  A bottle or two of shampoo and lotion lasts a fairly long time, for me at least.  And yes, if you have friends coming down, they might be willing to bring you one or two items when they come as well.  We brought way more toiletries than we used in our 1.5 years in Belize and ended up bringing some of it back to the US with us!

If your worried about your hair maybe belize is'nt the place for you.....just sayin

billem wrote:

If your worried about your hair maybe belize is'nt the place for you.....just sayin

That's a really good point!  My hair was wildly curly the entire time there.  It's very humid, so using a blow dryer or any other appliance on your hair is a huge waste of time.  I just let it dry naturally and go crazy curly.  Kinda drove me crazy at times, but it is what it is.