MSH VS BUPA for my health insurance

I'm a bit confused with the difference on the benefit packages among health insurance provider. I have been looking into two providers, MSH and BUPA.

Although Bupa have been here longer than MSH (they just recently launched) Although MSH is a bit more expensive but it cover way more than what BUPA does. So I'm a bit confused what exactly do we need.

Sorry for my ENG, still working on it

Hello Rainbow_R.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll get some informations soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Rainbow_R

You need to look at what hospitals MSH use and if they have as good a coverage as BUPA.

Look at which of the two have an 'excess' payment or if they cover the full cost of treatment.

Which one has a deal with the hospital so that you make no payment to the hospital. The hospital bill direct to the insurer.

This way you do not have to pay then go through a process of making a claim for the costs as this can somtimes take a couple of months or more to get the refund.

Hope this helps

Basically you do not "need" one more than the other, it's more a matter of priorities.

The Bupa insurance covers you for the small things like going to see a doctor, but has a low coverage for serious illnesses or accidents that will require a hospitalization.

The MSH insurance will however cover you with a very high limit up to $1,000,000 per year, so even if you have an accident or a serious illness, you can rest assured that everything will be covered.

Honestly, I'd rather pay myself for the usual doctor visits, but have a great coverage for serious matters that could cost a lot of money.

If you ask me I would go with MSH, no question about it.

Whats best for you depends on your health history.

If your finances allow obtain in-patient coverage only and cover out-patient care out of pocket provided you are not going to the the doctors all the time.