New expat drummer in Malta

Hi there,
So as mentioned, I'm going to arrive in Malta to start a new job beginning of May. I'd like to find musicians to play with. I'm a drummer for over a decade, studied to become a drum teacher and recorded studio albums. I unfortunately don't have drums with me. I'm open to any music style though I personally prefer rock and derivative. I also would like to know if there is any rehearsal room available to rent hourly.
Thanks a lot for answering!!
Alex

Hello Alex.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

hey thanks :)

Hello Alex,

I arrived recently and played piano in a salsa band before.
If you would like to try out some timbales, we would
have the backbone of a salsa band.

Note though that this would be a truely amateur project,
more for the fun of it than making money.

Kind regards,
Holger

hi Holger,
thanks a lot for your answer. That's a great idea, I actually started to take salsa dance lessons 1 year ago, I would be really interested in playing timbales though I never really tried it :)
let's keep in touch, do you have any examples of tunes or salsa styles you would like to get close to?

Hiya, Not in Malta yet...but hopefully house sale permitting we are on our way very soon.
Have you considered starting up a community Samba band? I am not musical but over the last couple of years have been part of a Samba band and LOVE it. that will be what I will miss most when I come to Malta.
Maybe if there is enough interest, people could buy their own drums and percussion instruments?