British Sikh moving to Turin

Hi all, I'm new on here. I'm a British Sikh from England

I am moving to Turin soon for work and looking forward to it. I am abit nervous as its going to be a big change for me, i have a habit of over thinking things lol

Could someone shed some light on what's it like living there and how the locals are? I know its abit of a long shot but is there any kind of indian community there or any Indian grocery stores? Been researching around about Turin and it looks good but would be nice to hear some of other Brit expats experiences.
Are there many supermarkets around as we'll?
Sorry for all the questions, I hate anxiety lol

Would love to meet with any Brits currently over there once I've moved over.

:):)

Hello Mrsingh-uk,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hi Christine

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

Did a lot of you have some anxiety before you actually moved?

Please share your experiences as I am going through this stage

Thanks

Hello! I'm British and have been here a long time. Thee are now some Indian restaurants (run by Pakistanis), not all good. BUT the Gandhi, Corso Regio Parco, is good, and run by 2 Indian brothers, name Patel. You could start there!
Best
O

Hi Mr Singh

I am a South African and have lived in Torino for about 5 years. 
While, now I love my life here, the beginning is a bit tough.  Torinese (the locals born and bred) are famous for being (chiuso - closed) and it takes a while to make real friends.  There are a few expat meetup groups that meet weekly in Turin, for drinks, dinners or whatnot. 
As for an Indian community, I am not so sure BUT there is a network of shops in the area where I live (San Salvario - which has a high immigrant population), where you will find all the spices and food stuffs you need.  There are a few shops run by Pakistanis, Bangladeshi guys and Indian...   you have quite a few to choose from.  As for the Indian restaurants.....   it has been tough finding a good one, which has not Italianised its menu!

My tip is to give Turin time, try to scratch below the surface of the city, get a bicycle and cylce around on weekends, get out and meet people, locals and expats... the city will grow on you bit by bit (it is very beautiful). 
Good luck, if you need any other info, let me know.
Mya

Hi MrSingh

I know that your post is old, but i have just come across it whilst doing my research on moving to Turin.  I, too am a British Sikh, although I am living France now.  We are looking to move to Turin next year and I was wondering how you had got on.  Did you move to Turin afterall and what has your experience been?

thanks