Where to live close-ish to District 12?

Hi all,

My partner and I will be heading to Saigon mid-year and I will be working in district 12. Looking for some advice on somewhere to live that is easy enough to commute? Not sure yet if I will get a motorbike (really want to but a bit worried that I'll become a statistic!) or rely on other transport. I don't mind commuting a bit, but don't want excessive travel times.

We would want somewhere with a bit of atmosphere and culture, not too Westernized but still comfortable enough. And street food available!

Really appreciate any advice!

Cheers - Maz

Hi Maz, can you tell where you will work in District 12? [Moderated: Use your pm pls] Welcome to Ho Chi Minh City. :)

mairead24 wrote:

Hi all,

My partner and I will be heading to Saigon mid-year and I will be working in district 12. Looking for some advice on somewhere to live that is easy enough to commute? Not sure yet if I will get a motorbike (really want to but a bit worried that I'll become a statistic!) or rely on other transport. I don't mind commuting a bit, but don't want excessive travel times.

We would want somewhere with a bit of atmosphere and culture, not too Westernized but still comfortable enough. And street food available!

Really appreciate any advice!

Cheers - Maz

well, we are in same dist :D, I`m living in dist 12 too...my home here, what i can recommend you for place should be around Tham Luong bridge ( local language: Cau Tham Luong ), this place is a border of Go vap distric, Tan binh dist and dist 12. it`s easy to access to downtown by run along Truong Chinh st head to downtown dist 1 ( about 30 mins to central dist1, almost taking 45mins..depend of traffic situation ).

in other hand,from this point you can also access quickly to some famous work places around such as : Quang trung software park ( dist 12 ) about 7 mins by bike, 7 mins to Etown building ( tan binh dist), it also close to few supper market like big C, Coopmart...it`ll convenient for new expats to get daily food

We having few spare rooms in this location but not use for rent so far... when you are here, feel free to ask any support, we can be friend to go out together but not so sure i`m here at that time due to i might in England...

hope this help
Cheer