Anyone have contacts in education? Teacher needing position in Luanda

Hi, I am trying to relocate to Luanda in July of this year to be with my Fiancé who is Angolan.  I have already been approved to leave from my current teaching position for the next school year up to a few years leave total.

When I spoke with the Consulate, they told me I can't apply for a residence visa as we are not yet married.  They didn't seem clear on that though.  I don't see why I can't apply on my own...So anyways, I have been looking into getting a work visa but I need a job offer first.

I have been encountering a lot of difficulty finding schools to apply to online from Canada.  I am also told, that in Angola, you need good contacts to get a job in many cases. 

Unfortunately, I don't know many people there yet but am hoping to find someone on here who might be able to connect me with another teacher or school in Luanda. 

I have experience in ESL, Spanish, Tourism, Nutrition and core subjects (Social Studies, Science, Language Arts) in English.  Also, I worked for 5 years in tourism in Vancouver, BC.

Does anyone have any advice that might help me?  Apparently it also takes a minimum of 6 months for a work visa to be approved...

Thanks,

Valerie

hello valerie
i benn here for year and i made some contacts , i have contact for you at  universidade tecnica de angola  . i will ask mt friend if they need any teachers .~keep in touch
jorge

[Moderated: Please communicate by PM]

Thanks!  I sent you a PM.

Valerie

hello valerie
my girlfriend will be coming in july from calgary i would like you to contact her, perhaps you guys can chat and help eachother any questions you mait have im here to help . shes in the same situation because we not married yet i dont know how it will afect her stay here ..  her name is mellisa coutier 403 830 9581
kind regards