Please Need Lots Of Advice ?????

My boyfriend got offered a job working for Trans Oceans offshore oil rig in Africa , Port Harcourt Nigeria . My boyfriend , son and I would have to live there for 6 years as stated in the contract . They also state that we would live in a company community where it provides " Maximum and efficient security both in work place and housing community". We have never lived outside of Canada, so we are really confuzed on what to do , Can anyone please provide me with any information or suggestions to help us with this decision . We only have till monday to decided what we wont to do .    Thank you :)

Hello !!
I really do not advice you to leave canada and go to Nigeria !!!!
For me it is not so safe and not a wise decision !!

hayetL > why?

Have you decided what to do then?

Abuja is a lovely place. So different from Lagos. I mean of course it is not like London or the USA but I can gurantee you if the company gives you all the expat benefits and you get paid quite a bit you will be fine.

I currently live in the UK and I am thinking of moving to lagos to work. Lagos is not as safe as Abuja but I would say go for it.

Please understand there maybe a culture shock in the beginning and the company most or should offer some sort of pre-departure training to you and your family and should also keep in contact with you while there.

Hope this helps you can always PM me :)

hey...u can come cos porthacourt has returned to its normalise...am telin u the truth...

Is abhuja is safer ?