Income Tax in Ukraine on divideds

Does anybody here on the forum pays income tax in Ukraine?

Let's say I'm a European Union citizen and own a foreign registered company (in UK) and pay myself a dividend from it - how much will I be charged in taxes?

I read something that new tax law applies and it is only 5% now on dividends from foreign companies.

I am from the USA and have been living in Ukraine since last year. Unless there have been any recent changes, it is only 5%.  I believe this tax rate came in back in 2010.

Thanks spdmon for the quick reply...

So on dividends you don't pay the full 15% flat tax? Do you know this from own practice?

If yes, do you get a local tax adviser to do the tax submission for you? As a USA citizen aren't you taxed on your worldwide income back home in USA as well?

I think you would be wise to visit your embassy for guidance. They can also recommend local tax advisers pertaining to your specific situation.

Yes thanks. Of course I will contact a local tax adviser.

I just would like to know if any has hands-on experience on paying income tax in Ukraine on income and dividends sourced abroad (i.e. outside Ukraine).

E.g. every year I earn income via my various investments and business activities (outside of Ukraine) BUT would like to pay the income taxes in Ukraine because I spend a lot of time there and I believe the rates are quite good compared to Western Europe. Do you or somebody else have similar motivation and/or experience with this?

Taxation of dividends has its own peculiarities.
If you get dividends from your company in the UK then you do not pay any taxes from the dividends because your income originates in the UK.
If you get dividends from a Ukrainian company then the company may have to pay a special advance tax and you will be asked to pay the income tax on the dividends in Ukraine as this income originates in Ukraine.
However, you should look at a respective international agreement between Ukraine and the UK on avoidance of double taxation. If there is one it must provide for special terms of dividends taxation.