Immigration to USA or CANADA

> Hi,My name's Lorna, Irish and living in Northern Ireland. I'm looking for information on immgration to America. I live with my partner and our 3 children. We have been talking about this for so long now. Can you clarify how we go about it, or if we even qualify? Are there organistions set up to help families move, is it proffesional people only? I really would be grateful for any information you may have. My email is [email protected]
.> Regards>

Welcome on board lornamurphy,

Have you consulted the USA guide ? It may help a litte bit ;)

Hi Lorna,

The best thing you should do is hire an immigration attorney or lawyer.  I am an Irish immigrant living in the US since sept 07, with my American husband.  I finally got my Green Card in Feb 09 after applying for it Sept 06 after I married him here in the USA!!

The immigration process is very hard, confusing, misleading, and at times contradictory. 

If we could do it again we would go through an attorney.  Besides the extra cost it would be well worth it, otherwise you will find yourself in a sea of unbelievable red tape and buracacey.  Also, the Department of Homeland Security aren't infallible so if they mess up, you pay for it - literally.  Sorry, but I've heard some real horror stories with trying to apply for permanent residence here in the US.  So - Hire a good immigration Lawyer and save yourself tons of angst and grief.   

Good luck :)

yeah,the the USA guide is good

Hi lornamurphy.  If moving to the US, I agree with the others that the immigration process can be very stressful & difficult.  My husband came to the US from Brazil.  It took him a little over 5 months to get the green card, but that's because I'm a US citizen, so it goes faster.  A good website for useful immigration information is visajourney.com.  We used this cite & didn't need to get an attorney.  Good luck!

you can also take guide from here:)