Activities for 10 year olds in Kampala

Hi, Does anyone have children aged around 9-11? I am looking for hobbies or activities to engage active kids that sort of age.
Where is the best place for tennis coaching? Where is there within Kampala to learn things like archery?
Apart from the sporty things, is there a Saturday art club anywhere? All other ideas of things you have tried and your children have enjoyed are very very welcome.

Hi there?
10 year olds! How about taking them for walks within or without their neighborhood. If you think harder there are many things you haven't checked out eg how other kids scramble for water at the well, visiting poorer communities, the abattoir, the market etc such field walks give real life lessons for your kids for example to appreciate where they are, to understand that survival is different for other people, and that there are other jobs other than Daddy's.
But for art classes i've heard of them being arranged by Acaccia Classical Academy. I hope to do such classes for kids in future but at the moment I'm still developing the place.
Hope this helps!

Dear Ernest,

I couldn't help a chuckle at the suggestion I take the kid to see how people scramble for water and suffer. How would you feel being a rich kid's 'object lesson'. He sees that in the village and knows how heavy water is. What he doesn't know is why no-one makes attempts to develop industry in those areas to develop infrastructure.
I think people are people and wealth is all relative - I would no sooner take the kid to stare at others than I would expect others to gawp at me. There is something seriously amiss in expecting people not to mind that. Just think about it...if you went to inner city Bradford or London and formed a "concerned semi circle" around people in the unemployment queue while explaining to your child how hard it must be to survive on handouts - I would expect verbal abuse at best, and being chased out with fists flying at worst. If I went to gawp at the homeless sleeping in freezing temperatures under a bridge, and came up with platitudes about daddy's job not being all there is to life, I would expect the abuse I would no doubt receive. Lets give up the "poor old us" bit. Instead, put our shoulder to the plough. Thanks for the thought though. Anyone for tennis...

kids day out at mish mash on sundays, wonder world in Kansanga anyday, kabira country club for tennis and other games. even TLC in Nakasero. le beajoulais in centenary park with a swimming pool, they cd catch kids movies at cineplex cinemas from mid day, bbq and swimming at sheraton on the weekends, games and swimming at ARA (American recreation assiociation) in makindye, for more on things to do with kids, get yourself a free copy of the eye magazine in most restaurants and bars in Kampala or copy/paste this link
theeye.co.ug/kampala-kids.htm

you will have info on kids staff to do and contacts. hope this is helpful!!

Good selection to get started with. Thanks.

l would also recommend you volunteer to be a class Parent at ISU, that is a sure fire way to be throw into a whirl wind of child friendly events, meet like minded parents, share family days ... All the best and you are very welcome ...

There is also the church, as well as the various societies that subscribe to events that interest you ...

Dear Earnest,

I concur with Orinoko.  I must say your comments and view of the poor are quite insensitive.  I hope you and your family quickly adjust to life in Uganda and 'you' begin to form a much more humanist view of the disadvantage.  Good luck to you and your family in the beautiful country of Uganda with such wonderful and beautiful people.